It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
(female)

seamist HB User
Addisons & severe anemia/iron infusions too

Help! I have been going to Dana Farber Center for iron infusions every week for almost 3 years-a 2 week off treatment every 4 months & levels drop crazy or delete. Lab tests were showing levels still dropping in the red cells & others.
{I have to have one treatment in 5 doses-as the side effects are so bad -so it takes 15-25 weeks to get it levels up enough for a break off them}
Having read the web today I see where low B12 usually helps cause this Addisons.
I have been getting very weak & ill {not just from the 4 days after my infusions} BUT getting so bad I can't get across the room sometimes. leg tingling etc. This week I requested my doctor to test for a lot-also I had the thyroid checked but all ok right now-so that good.
Surprisingly the doctor came in with low salt & high potassium plus electrolites
way off, and other things that he thinks are Addison related but waiting for another test tomorrow & tuesday for complete diagnosis.{ I have been on low sodium each day as with these infusions it causes heart/blood pressure problems}
Yes say it ~a comlicated mess~ but I was looking to see if anyone else ran into the low iron problem as well & what do I have to look at in the future
with Addisons? { all new to me} Any Help gratefully accepted~Thanks

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
TWIN pregnancy and Addisons disease tazmania16 Addison's Disease 0 05-05-2011 02:57 AM
Addisons & Type 2 Diabetes lljwagg Addison's Disease 6 10-28-2010 11:37 AM
Addisons Disease mebyers Addison's Disease 4 10-09-2010 08:11 PM
can you have Addisons & secondary adrenal insufficiency both? sleepymommy Addison's Disease 2 07-21-2009 10:50 PM
How many of you have autoimmune addisons disease? gertie Addison's Disease 25 04-03-2008 09:04 AM

Tags
addisons?