It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-31-2011, 09:42 AM   #1
(male)

goleafsgo HB User
Adrenal testing - low blood sugar

Hi everyone :-)

Before I start, I have Celiac Disease (autoimmune disorder of intestine). I went to an endocrinologist recently for low blood pressure. My average blood pressure is around 80/50 and definately drops when I stand up. I was put on Florinef and Midodrine about a year ago to treat this, but my Endo found out last week in his office that it was not working. My BP was lower than before. He sent me for some tests as he feels it may be adrenal insufficiency, here are the results. Before you read them, I also suffer from hypoglycemia on many occasions (fasting and not fasting).

AM Serum Cortisol: 360 (range 185 - 700)
Fasting Serum Glucose: 2.5 (range 3.8 - 7)
Serum Sodium: 135 (range 135 - 150)

My Blood sugar was very low again, but my cortisol seems perfect. My Endo called and said he wants to wait for the 24 hour urine free cortisol results before he tells me his interpretation of it. Any ideas from people with experience if this could be adrenal related? It just doesn't seem likely to me due to the cortisol levels.

Thanks a lot!

Closed Thread