It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2011, 06:24 PM   #1
(male)

rajk HB User
Cortisol Saliva Tests - your advice

Suspecting Adrenal fatigue, my naturo has suggested the cortisol saliva tests - 4 panel ie. start the sampling in the morning the last one at 11 p.m. No problem there, but when I read the instructions, caffeine is one of the few things that I cannot have that day. My question to you folks who have had this test done - did you all refrain from your morning coffee? For me that would be a tough one - not to have any coffee the whole day when you are totally hooked on it? Any suggestions? Thank you.

The following user gives a hug of support to rajk:
cheryl hulyd (09-09-2011)
Old 06-10-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
(male)

quackducker HB User
Re: Cortisol Saliva Tests - your advice

Interesting, I don't recall having that caveat with mine at MyMedLabs. That would have been hell, because I get a migraine without my morning caffeine. But I only indulge 1 cup. If YourLab says no caffeine . . . well, why not contact them and ask?

BTW, you have an amazing doctor if he is open to addressing adrenal fatigue and hypo thyroid. Where are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajk View Post
Suspecting Adrenal fatigue, my naturo has suggested the cortisol saliva tests - 4 panel ie. start the sampling in the morning the last one at 11 p.m. No problem there, but when I read the instructions, caffeine is one of the few things that I cannot have that day. My question to you folks who have had this test done - did you all refrain from your morning coffee? For me that would be a tough one - not to have any coffee the whole day when you are totally hooked on it? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Last edited by quackducker; 06-10-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #3
(male)

rajk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by quackducker View Post
Interesting, I don't recall having that caveat with mine at MyMedLabs. That would have been hell, because I get a migraine without my morning caffeine. But I only indulge 1 cup. If YourLab says no caffeine . . . well, why not contact them and ask?

BTW, you have an amazing doctor if he is open to addressing adrenal fatigue and hypo thyroid. Where are you?
Actually I had called the lab and they confirmed no caffeine as the tests dont report favorable results. I think a lot of naturopathic doctors would point at adrenal fatigue, however, I am in Toronto just so you know. Thanks for your response.

The following user gives a hug of support to rajk:
quackducker (07-01-2011)
Old 07-01-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
(male)

quackducker HB User

Quote:
Actually I had called the lab and they confirmed no caffeine as the tests dont report favorable results. I think a lot of naturopathic doctors would point at adrenal fatigue, however, I am in Toronto just so you know. Thanks for your response.
That's very interesting, and something I'll note next time. Did you do your tests and did you get your results.

I know testing is different in Canada. Good luck!!

Old 07-04-2011, 09:43 AM   #5
(male)

rajk HB User

No, no, these tests can only be done by a lab in the US!! And as I mentioned, when I called the lab they did confirm no caffeine. I have not gotten my tests done, at least not yet for that reason.

Old 07-04-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
(male)

quackducker HB User

The labs are in the US but the kits are FedExd out. My Med Labs sent me a kit that included tubes and cotton dental-like things to soak up saliva for test. Then I sent it back. Are they constrained from FedExing to Canada? The test would be mailed back to Canada. Sigh. So many different rules! But go to their site to see if they can do it for you and to read up generally! Maybe you have to go to Niagara Falls for a coupla days <g>

Old 09-07-2011, 11:52 AM   #7
(male)

xyz120 HB User

Quote:
No, no, these tests can only be done by a lab in the US!! And as I mentioned, when I called the lab they did confirm no caffeine. I have not gotten my tests done, at least not yet for that reason.
Try Rocky Mountain Analytical in Alberta. That's the lab I got mine done at.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:27 AM   #8
(female)

TinyTot2 HB User

I'd say that one day without caffeine is a small price to pay in order to get a definitive diagnosis.

Closed Thread