It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 05:38 PM   #1
(female)

Jennifer S HB User
Addisons,Heart & Joint pain

I have had Addisons Disease for 4 yrs now. This was a result of an ecoli infection in my kidneys that lasted 9 months, turned septic ( got in my blood) and almost killed me. I spent 3 years with reacurring kidney infection, that kept me in an adrenal crisis, and hospitalized most of the time. I finally had to have a hysterectomy because my uterus dropped on to my bladded, and was causing urine to back up into my kidneys. Since the surgery in July 2010 the infection have been better. In Feb I had to have a tooth pulled and was hospitalized a few more times due to infection. I was on antibiotics for the infection, and begin having swelling in my chest and throat, and heart pain. Before the tooth was pulled, and was on these antibiotic I was admitted for 10 days with swelling in my whole body, pancreas, heart. This was at the worst, the first 5 days that this began I put on 25 LBS. when they had me in the hospital they had my on 400 MG a day of steroids. Since then I live everyday with sharp pain in my heart. They did a stress test in the hospital, which caused a lot of pain in my heart, and mimics the pain I feel everyday. If I get the slightest bit warm my body swells. Even if my legs get warm under the covers they get tight and it feels like there is pressure under my skin. I go for days at a time with stinging pain that seems to pulsate mainly up and down my legs, and painful stinging and swelling in all of my joints. In the last 3 months I had the doctor check my vitamin D, just on a hunch, and in was vurtually gone, she put me on 50,000 IU a week, which has seemed to help with the weekness, she says my calcium level is sky high, but I dont even drink milk, and my cholesteral is 277. The chest pain I feel everyday is a sharp pain right over my heart, if I wear even a snug t shirt it causes too much pressure on my chest. It is painful enough that I know most people would go to the emergency room. Some days its better, and not as constant. I am miserable, I can't do anything without getting completly exhausted, or having severe pain in my joints. I just wonder what diseases generally arise after addisons?

The following user gives a hug of support to Jennifer S:
ozzyie135 (09-08-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2011, 07:01 PM   #2
(female)

monicaminnesota HB User
Re: Addisons,Heart & Joint pain

I think you should see a Dr about anything involving chest pain especially related to the heart. If you don't get help see another Dr for a second opinion

Old 09-05-2011, 12:57 AM   #3
(male)

d101 HB User

I have been suffering with the same pain for many years now, had all the checks and still persists

Old 09-05-2011, 06:13 PM   #4
(female)

kiaguppy HB User

I don't think there is any standard development of diseases after being diagnosed with Addisons. It just depends on what the person is predisposed to and other medical issues they have. If the steroids are taken as prescribed, life should be somewhat normal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer S View Post
I have had Addisons Disease for 4 yrs now. This was a result of an ecoli infection in my kidneys that lasted 9 months, turned septic ( got in my blood) and almost killed me. I spent 3 years with reacurring kidney infection, that kept me in an adrenal crisis, and hospitalized most of the time. I finally had to have a hysterectomy because my uterus dropped on to my bladded, and was causing urine to back up into my kidneys. Since the surgery in July 2010 the infection have been better. In Feb I had to have a tooth pulled and was hospitalized a few more times due to infection. I was on antibiotics for the infection, and begin having swelling in my chest and throat, and heart pain. Before the tooth was pulled, and was on these antibiotic I was admitted for 10 days with swelling in my whole body, pancreas, heart. This was at the worst, the first 5 days that this began I put on 25 LBS. when they had me in the hospital they had my on 400 MG a day of steroids. Since then I live everyday with sharp pain in my heart. They did a stress test in the hospital, which caused a lot of pain in my heart, and mimics the pain I feel everyday. If I get the slightest bit warm my body swells. Even if my legs get warm under the covers they get tight and it feels like there is pressure under my skin. I go for days at a time with stinging pain that seems to pulsate mainly up and down my legs, and painful stinging and swelling in all of my joints. In the last 3 months I had the doctor check my vitamin D, just on a hunch, and in was vurtually gone, she put me on 50,000 IU a week, which has seemed to help with the weekness, she says my calcium level is sky high, but I dont even drink milk, and my cholesteral is 277. The chest pain I feel everyday is a sharp pain right over my heart, if I wear even a snug t shirt it causes too much pressure on my chest. It is painful enough that I know most people would go to the emergency room. Some days its better, and not as constant. I am miserable, I can't do anything without getting completly exhausted, or having severe pain in my joints. I just wonder what diseases generally arise after addisons?

Old 09-08-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
(female)

ozzyie135 HB Userozzyie135 HB User

Sorry to hear what you have been going through, your symptoms sounds very much like my own, its taken a very long time for me to get the right treatment and even find out why i keep getting so ill... But at long last with the right consultant i am finally getting the right tests done at long last....... I hope i can help you ..............

Please ask your GP or consultant to check your VITEMIN B12 LEVELS this can cause lots of pain fatigue the pain in my chest was herendouse felt like i was having a heart attack, I know when i need my b12 inection because the pain in my chest comes back im short of breath and my eye sight is awfull i alsoo get very bad headaches and joint pain...
but if you are taking folic acid please make sure you stop takin it a week before the test as it deguises the results and gives faulse readings....

I tried telling my gp and hospital 2 half years ago that i thought i was b12 deficient when my test result came back as 200 i was on folic acid tablet s at the time i did try to tell them this but they would not listen told me my result was on the lower end of normal and i was ok and to stop worrying i wished i never listened to them if only i knew then what i know now....

2 half years on i finally got them to redue my b12 test this time i left the folic acid tablets alone a week before the test, ..

My result came back as 23 with nurological problems which are now irraversable please if any one reads this dont make the same mistake as me this is your life your pain you are going through fight for what is right as doctors arnt always right... For a simple blood test please get it checked because its simple to fix if you are just a little low in b12 but it can cause so much havock and pain if you are lacking in this deficincy

I have paid the price the hard way Good luck hope you feel better soon.

P.s.. I pushed to have my Pottassium levels, hormone levels and vit D levels checked i was low in all of these and was going through the menapuse at the age of 39, I had to push for the menapause to be checked as they said i was far to young to be in im so glad i made them check this cos yet again they was wrong and my VIT D level was 11 ...

Addisons can play havock with your electrolite systom it can throw your body way off key im so lucky now to have found the right consultant now ...

All my thoughts and hugs cheryl xxxx

Last edited by ozzyie135; 09-08-2011 at 06:41 PM.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:00 PM   #6
(female)

cheryl hulyd HB User

hi everyone that resonded to my plea my vtamin b12 is low i was taking potassium as it was low but because i have stomic ulers they took me off it now once again my legs hurt like heck wish i could find a doctor in canada to help me if anyone knows of one please let me know thanks

Old 10-05-2011, 05:18 PM   #7
(female)

ozzyie135 HB Userozzyie135 HB User

how low is your B12 as this can be very dangous if left untreated and when they tested you for this was you taking folic acid tablets as this gives a false reading which makes your levels a alot higher so your b12 could be a hell of a lot lower?

cheryl x

Closed Thread