It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 03:19 AM   #1
(female)

kizzydane2011 HB User
Addisons - hereditary??

Hi All
I am at the end of my tether - I have been ill for several years with a variety of symptoms that come and go apart from the fatigue and weakness which is constant:

Constant fatigue & weakness
Aching muscles
Nausea for weeks n end - often severe - but not actually vomiting
Chronic high White Blood Cell count (since 2006) - Dr's can't find the cause
Sporadic and sudden diarrhoea
Skin pigmentation - more recently noticing this is getting worse on my arms and around scars
Low blood pressure - I had bad scares after the last two general anaesthetics - the medical staff were panicking because they couldn't get my SATs up and could,t find a vein
Shortness of breath
Weakness when walking upstairs or hills
Weak and aching muscles and joints - bad at night but then much worse in the mornings - I can hardly walk to the loo
Very ill when catching even just a cold - last couple of times I had terrible griping stomach pains & nausea that lasted for 10 days - I couldn't move because I was so weak - I take months to recover
Sweating profusely especially at night - sometimes an awful 'cold sweat' feeling
During stressful times I shake terribly and afterwards I feel like I have the flu
Palpitations

I just seem to be getting worse & worse and now over the last year or so my son (28) is getting the same symptoms!!! He is extremely thin, very dark complexion, black gums and black under the eyes and just can't put on weight.

I used to be very thin and have trouble with weight gain but since having the Mirena coil I have gained a substantial amount of weight.

I also found out a couple of years ago that my biological father had Addisons Disease. When he died they found a tumour on his pituitary gland.

I mentioned it to my GP a couple of years ago and he did a blood test that came back normal and he has not done anything since.

Should I push for further tests??

I'm at the end of my tether feeling so ill all the time & not knowing what is wrong!!

Any advice greatly appreciated !!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread