It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2011, 04:56 PM   #1
(male)

bbfan HB User
High ACTH

Hello everyone, I am here today to ask for any insight or advice you have. I recently went to an Endo to just get a view inside my body. I had all my levels checked one thing that stuck out at me was my high ACTH levels. The range on the sheet says 0.0 - 46.00 mine was 91.4! Almost double the normal level and my cortisol was within range it measured 24.5 when the range was 5.00 to 25.00...The endo didn't seem worried he just said come back in two months and we'll re-check those levels. The test was done in the AM at around 10:45. I feel I am in alright health, I do always feel stressed due to work and relationship, but outside of that I feel relatively normal, but now I am worried that the blood test is indicative of a tumor or ecoptic tumor or something bizarre, any help is sincerely appreciated. Thank you all

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2011, 01:01 PM   #2
(female)

TinyTot2 HB User
Re: High ACTH

Did you have your cortisol level checked, too? If not, have that done in the morning around 8am.

I'd be worried if I had a high ACTH.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2011, 01:35 PM   #3
(male)

bbfan HB User
Re: High ACTH

Yea, my cortisol and ACTH were all measured in the morning hours. My cortisol levels were on the high end of the range, but they were still within 'range', my endo didn't seemed worried at all, but said he'll retest in two months to see where it's at. Naturally I am a worry wart and have high anxiety so I fed my anxiety by searching and searching the forums, google, just about everything and learned that stress in it self can raise ACTH and cortisol levels, and I am in a high stress job, I was going through a lot of stress financially and just overall stressed. My ACTH was high, double what it should of been but I learned that if it were a tumor or something like that my levels would most likely be MUCH higher we are talking 10 times the level I measured at. Do you have much information to provide in regards to ACTH?

Closed Thread