It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #1
(female)

honeybee83 HB User
Smile addisons disease and male fertility?

hi, my self and my partner having been trying for a year to conceive. He has addison's and i have been looking at the internet trying to find out whether or not addison's affects fertility? Can anyone help? Thanks

Old 09-27-2011, 12:05 AM   #2
(male)

matt486 HB User
Smile Re: addisons disease and male fertility?

I am not a doctor but I have a few harmless suggestions. DHEA supplementation would not hurt at all. DHEA is the hormone most produced by the adrenals. In women it is thought to improve fertility. You might have your husband request to get his DHEA level checked next time he gets a blood test. Most likely if he has Addison's his level will be low. It is a non-essential hormone and that is why most Addisonians don't take it. But you shouldbe able to find it relatively easily at a drug store.
Also, while you are at the drug store, B-12 and Sulbutiamine might be good to pick up. Sulbutiamine will be harder to find. i suggest it because it has increased my sex drive and Addisonians, it seems, respond to it very well as far as fatigue goes. it is a derivatibe of B-1, and so virtually harmless as far as side effects go.
I can tell you that when we concieved my daughter we weren't having a lot of sex and so my wife got pregnant very easily. i was taking DHEA supplementation at the time.
I hope this may be helpful for you. I wish you the very best of luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread