It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2011, 10:37 AM   #1
(female)

Elle4747 HB User
Not Addison's but high aldosterone, low potassium and low blood pressure

As I've had low potassium for a while, even though I have been taking 3, 20meq potassium pills a day for the last two years, my plasma acidosis test last week at Mayo Clinic showed my aldosterone is high.
My blood pressure is low and my sodium is low, too.

(FYI, I think it's relevant that I've had Meniere's Disease since 2003 and have been taking drugs to decrease the vertigo and vomiting, and other symptoms. The drugs I take just for Meniere's include diuretics which does affect potassium, sodium, chloride, etc.; I take other drugs as well. Not necessary that you have Meniere's Disease to post--you may take some of the drugs that I do, too, for other issues).

From what I've researched on the Internet and in these Health Boards, I see that many of you have had many, many tests. I read, too, that some causes for my symptoms could be a tumor on my adrenal glands or worse.

I am scheduled for a CT scan this week which is supposed to take 1 hour and 5 minutes.
-Has anyone ever had one of these?
-What are they looking for with the scan?

-Does anyone have any experiences with any of my symptoms?
-What treatments have you had? Frustrations?

Thank you.

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Addison's Disease Test and Exercise Ivoryz00 Addison's Disease 1 12-03-2006 09:13 AM
Symptoms of Addison? MissJenny Addison's Disease 3 11-18-2006 06:33 PM
Questions about possible Addison's gtts4u Addison's Disease 1 11-04-2006 02:45 PM
QUESTION: Can someone explain the different types of Addison's Disease? Ivoryz00 Addison's Disease 1 10-31-2006 04:39 PM
Addison's Disease Test Results xjustsaymaybex Addison's Disease 7 10-28-2006 05:59 PM

Tags
high aldosterone, low blood pressure, low potassium