It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2011, 12:33 AM   #1
(male)

matt486 HB User
Addison's, chronic thrush, chronic nausea

Hello fellow Addisonians. I have been diagnosed with AD for 12 years. The first 7 years were a wonderful time and i was thriving on life, but the last 5 years or so has been utterly miserable as I suffer from severe chronic nausea and occasional vommitting. It has caused me to lose my career job and now I am losing my marriage. I have had every test it seems that can be taken to find the cause for my nausea and retching and vommitting. I have even been to the Mayo clinic. All to no avail. After a few years I attributed it to chronic thrush. I cannot get rid of it. I attribute the thrush as a side effect of the steroids. I go through cycles of severe fatigue and nausea. I call in sick to work quite often and i function inadequately in my home life, as I am always in bed with a trash can at my side.
Has anyone out there experienced this? Does anyone have any suggestions? I am 38 years old, I have 3/4 of my life yet to live and to thrive! I am desperate to find tricks to help me out, a treatment plan, a cure!
Anyone? Any input would be welcomed with open arms. My life is passing me buy and I WANT TO BE WELL!!!

Old 11-01-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
(female)

dreamwalking78 HB User
Re: Addison's, chronic thrush, chronic nausea

I'm posting this on behalf of my partner. She is 32 and has been diagnosed with AD for 16 years. For the last 6 years she's been able to live life with a few bad days and doctor's visits. Unfortunately her first years were just as bad as yours was. We never really found a cure, it just changed. We are now back in the same boat from 6 years before that. She has the same issue, tests reveal nothing is wrong, but she is still constantly vomitting. She doesn't have the thrush.

There is something that helps at least lessen the naseau some and it's Zophran in a compounded cream form. It really helps since keeping down a naseau pill will vomitting is nearly impossible.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
(male)

chriswva HB User
Re: Addison's, chronic thrush, chronic nausea

1.ginger for the stomach. 2. ginseing for fatigue 3. dhea supplments in small amounts 4. loads of vitamin c a day. this is my cocktail of all natural stuff that you can find at a drugstore that i find helps. i am 35 and have been diagnosed for 12 years. you will definately always have downs with addisons. the key is to persevere. i find that walking around staying in decent physical shape. i walk around in beautiful environments around where i live. some say meditation helps. i just can't find much time for it. this is what helps me. i hope it helps you.

Closed Thread