It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 04:26 AM   #1
(male)

chriswva HB User
Question guys with addisons disease.

i recently went too the hospital over something other than addisons. i was treated by a young male doctor. out of the blue he goes,' addisons disease, depression , anxiety. it could be all tied together by low testosterone.' in my mind i was thinking,'this guy is a quack.' he came back,'yes your testosterone levels are low.'

is this guy onto a major breakthrough for treating addisons disease or just trying to load me up on more meds? any opinions or ideas are appreciated.

Old 10-27-2011, 10:05 AM   #2
(female)

sandylake HB User
Re: guys with addisons disease.

I have read that President Kennedy (famous Addisonian) was also on a regimen of Testosterone, in addition to his other medications.

In researching this for my son, I have also read that some with Addisons occasionally supplement with pregnenolone or DHEA - but with caution.

I hope that you are regularly seeing an Endocrinologist, and these test results and questions should be discussed with your Endo.

The Following User Says Thank You to sandylake For This Useful Post:
chriswva (10-27-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
just diagnosed with addisons. pls help ozzyie135 Addison's Disease 23 06-22-2011 04:10 PM
TWIN pregnancy and Addisons disease tazmania16 Addison's Disease 0 05-05-2011 02:57 AM
My 13 year old was just diagnosed with addisons I have a question Please Help! jaystacers Addison's Disease 1 02-04-2011 02:47 PM
Confused about previous addisons diagnosis and labs. Sterlingecho Addison's Disease 3 12-02-2010 04:55 AM
Addisons & Type 2 Diabetes lljwagg Addison's Disease 6 10-28-2010 11:37 AM