It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2011, 08:28 AM   #1
(female)

manitobagirl HB User
would I be consider Addison

Hey

I am a 33 year old women that under went a pituitary tumor for micro prolactinoma surgery 5 months ago after living with it for 9 years. I was giving hydrocortisone post-op. and did fine with it I'm also on desmorpressin spray.

In September i weaned myself off hydrocortisone in a week, so I could do a triple bolus test. since then every so offen i feel shakey, sleep but otherwise good.

Yesterday i meet with my Endo to go over the results of the triple bolus and she says I still need hydrocortisone when life is stressful or sick.

Now am I consider to have addison's or is it something else?

thanks in advance
Manitobagirl

Old 10-27-2011, 09:55 AM   #2
(female)

sandylake HB User
Re: would I be consider Addison

I recommend that you call your Endocrinologist and ask questions. If you haven't already, you should inform the physician of the symptoms you are having. Blood tests can determine if you have adrenal insufficiency or Addison's disease. Since you are seeing an Endocrinologist, and have had blood testing, that physician most likely would have told you IF you have Addisons. Never be afraid to talk to your Endo and ASK any and ALL questions you have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread