It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2012, 12:01 PM   #1
(female)

luvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB User
experience with prednisone vs. hydrocortisone

I will try to be as brief as possible because I really need some feedback from those living with Addison's, rather than the docs. I haven't been able to work in almost 4 months (viral infection that i havent been able to get rid of. So extreme exhaustion,constant sore throat,etc) And I've been in and out of crisis mode for about 3 weeks now. I'm having a very difficult time arriving upon the correct steroid replacement. I have greatly increased my hydrocortisone, but seem to burn through it quickly so am considering switching to prednisone. Or maybe not switch entirely to prednisone, but take a little each day for longer coverage. With hydrocortisone, I feel very up and down.. with both my energy and my moods. I am so tired of the rollercoaster as it is a constant reminder of the illness, and makes it difficult to focus on anything else.. other than always trying to figure out what I need to do or take to feel better.

So if anyone has any thoughts, ideas, or similar experience with this.. please share. I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks very much.

Sincerely,
Mollie

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Switching from Cortef to generic hydrocortisone. MMK4 Addison's Disease 6 09-15-2007 06:04 PM
prednisone or hydrocortison? Help! I am soooo confused!! sherriann68 Addison's Disease 0 04-09-2007 03:27 PM
Prednisone Vs. Cortef (Hydrocortisone) AlwaysTired247 Addison's Disease 8 01-03-2007 10:08 AM
taking all prednisone in the morning fernan1 Addison's Disease 6 12-20-2006 04:43 PM
Prednisone Vs. Hydrocortisone Justine1 Addison's Disease 6 10-17-2005 10:25 PM