It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2012, 10:47 PM   #1
(female)

sterlingcg HB User
addisonian crisis vent, does a good doc exist

Today was day 4 since I was taken off my hydrocortisone meds. My last Dr. Said he no longer felt competent to treat my rare condition (Addison's and hashimoto's), I respect him for that. I went to a new Endo, he is ranked highly in u.s. news and world report. He didn't like the labs that my last Dr had, salivary cortisol 24 hr reading. My cortisol was a flat line near 0. So he said he would have to take me off hydrocortisone to get a reading of my adrenal levels. I resisted this, but then decided to trust the Dr. Well today I went into an addisonian crisis, convulsing, blacked out, nausea, couldn't eat, severe fatigue, etc. I was about to go to the ER but decided to take my hydrocortisone meds again and one hour later I feel much better. My vent is just to say and show that endocrinologists are morons who only know about thyroids and diabetes. I'm in Virginia if anyone happens to be going to a competent end anywhere near by. Today sucked, I hope your day was better than mine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #2
(female)

michellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB Usermichellev1970 HB User
Re: addisonian crisis vent, does a good doc exist

Crisis is awful, I hope that you find a new doctor soon who can help you and will get your medication correct. I live in Arkansas with Addisons there are doctors here that have no idea what it is and try to give me steroids and if I try to correct them they treat me like a non human. I don't know a doctor there but wish you lots of luck and if you need to vent, vent! I wish there were more information out there for us.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread