It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2012, 06:58 AM   #1
(female)

elloise HB User
24 hr urine test, synacthen test

Hey all,

I've been sick for just over 3 months now. I've had a number of different tests....

This week it came up in my 24 hr urine test that I have low cortisol - the number is 17.

Symptoms the past few months have been fatigue, sore joints, sore muscles, headaches, always thirsty, dizziness, nausea, complete exhaustion (can hardly stand), loss of concentration, this weird sensation in my body (the only way I can explain it is it feels like when they inject your blood with dye for a CT scan... you know that dizzy/exhaustion/pain?)

I'm having a short synacthen test on Monday.....

Has anyone had similar symptoms?

All these symptoms came suddenly in January. Seriously like overnight! And they haven't left. Not for one day

Old 04-23-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
(female)

joysieb HB User
Re: 24 hr urine test, synacthen test

Hello Elloise

Firstly, I'm sorry that you are feeling so bad at the moment.

I certainly have most of the symptoms you mention. I have adrenal insufficiency, but they haven't decided if it is due to Addison's Disease or with pituitary problems. My symptoms arrived gradually I think, though the dizziness came on fairly quickly. The strange feeling might be due to low blood pressure or possibly low glucose levels? Your Endo might be able to explain why you feel that way.

Good luck with your synacthen test today, hopefully this will be the start of you feeling better. I have had two of these tests and they were fine, I went back to work straight after both. I remember feeling particularly thirsty after the first one though.

If your cortisol levels are definitely low this test will confirm this and they can give you medication which will help with your symptoms. I'm only on a low dose of hydrocortisone at the moment (until I have my definite diagnosis) and this has really helped with the dizziness (though it wasn't gone away altogether).

Good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread