It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #1
(female)

luvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB User
increase meds and working out??

Hi there..

I'm wondering what others do about increasing cortisone when exercising/working out? I've had a very rough year with my health and am in sort of a fragile state, but am really wanting to start going to the gym. I will start slow as I only weigh 92 lbs.. do NOT want to lose a pound! But I would like to gain strength, muscle mass, and some weight would be great.

So I tend to exhaust easily so am not sure what the best way is to increase cortisone so I don't end up "crashing"... thus, defeating the whole purpose. Has anyone experimented with this? Is it best to take an extra 5 mg before working out? after? Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks so much...

Sincerely,
Mollie

Old 06-29-2012, 10:31 AM   #2
(female)

Zoe990 HB User
Re: increase meds and working out??

Hi , to be honest I've never increased meds to do exercise only if I've felt not well . If ur working out it's always best to make sure drinking plenty of fluids ie water or high sugar drink lucozade is what I tend to drink . Your always best to talk things over with ur consultant or gp but personally I've never had any trouble doing anything it's all about getting into a routine with your doses .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
Mestruation--need increase in HC spmom Addison's Disease 5 08-26-2010 07:42 PM
Please Help! Are my Adrenals In Trouble Can't Tolerate Thyroid Meds Anymore sparkles916 Addison's Disease 10 08-28-2008 10:59 AM
tOO MANY YRS. OF PAIN MEDS?cause adrenal fatigue? babyboomer6 Addison's Disease 7 05-28-2007 10:56 AM
yeast infection meds and cortisol sue1234 Addison's Disease 0 03-06-2007 02:21 PM
How do you know when to increase meds? 2jen Addison's Disease 8 12-06-2006 08:57 PM