It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-14-2012, 11:01 AM   #1
(male)

ratdog HB User
Please post your ACTH stim test exp. here

Got up at 5:30AM today, left my daughter with a good friend and made the trip to endo for my STIM test. How many of you folks reading this have ever had the test? My doc said come in at 8AM, fasting with no eating or drinking past midnight last night, she also said to not take my morning meds till the test was over. Lab tech took a vial of blood at 8AM, then nurse gave me an injection in the hip. Very quick, no pain. Then I sat and waited exactly 1 hour and I gave them another vial of blood. Other than my normal chest discomfort/shortness of breath that I always have, I felt no different at all. I think at one point I could have went to sleep. Two weeks ago my 8AM blood cortisol was 4.2 with no stimulation, and continued to drop thru the day. What were your experiences with this test. How dow you think mine will turn out? I barely have the energy to make a lap around Walmart now. Hoping for some answers.

Closed Thread