It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 04:12 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Flutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB UserFlutterbye77 HB User
Possible cushings?

Had an MRI today, Not to look for a tumor but because I had MS for many years. My MS is under control and I am fine however I have gained over 40 pounds in the past 4 years. I realize to some here that's not a lot, however to most people that is tremendous amount of weight to gain! I have been tested for everything, even cushings. I peed in a jug for 24 hours, did some steroid test etc....

I was wondering if I have a tumor on the pituitary, I am hoping the neuro will see it, or is it something they HAVE to be looking for?

Also it is possible to have cushings passing all the other tests?

These are my main symptoms... Weight gain, most the weight went to be belly ( I am a girl who never put weight on in the stomach, always thighs and hips) Dry hair and skin, dry eye syndrome, unexplained severe body aches and muscle pain, depression etc....

I am so sad and depressed and uncomfortable!!

Old 06-21-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
Re: Possible cushings?

I hope you have had your thyroid checked with blood tests. That would be number 1 to rule out with your symptoms. An underactive nthyroid can cause most of your symptoms, even the depression and aches. It is easy to treat if that is the problem. Cushings is uncommon and if you had normal steroid urine tests, that should be sufficient. A pituitary tumor would have shown up on your MRI. The other possibility to consider is an autoimmune disorder that is causing enough pain to make you inactive, thereby causing the weight gain. You can even have an autoimmune thyroid condition (Hashimotos) coupled with something else like lupus or Sjogren's which causes dry eyes, dry mouth. A PCP can check your thyroid, thyroid antibodies and ANA for lupus, and an SSA, SSB for Sjogren's if the dry eyes are a prominent symptom.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Flutterbye77 (06-21-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread