Could you guys help me out with some advice about symptoms please?
For a few years now, I've had problems with anxiety and depression. Because it has come at the same time as other health issues, I feel almost certain there is a physical reason for it. I've had basic tests done (and had my thyroid checked) but nothing has shown up. Doctors seem to not want to take me very seriously because they think it's health anxiety brought on by my anxiety issues. However, I'm not actually anxious about my physical health, just pretty sure there's an issue there.
When I google ninja my symptoms, Addison's comes up over and over and I wondered if you guys could maybe take a look at the symptoms I've been dealing with and tell me if you think I'm way off base or not before I make my doc roll his eyes and sigh at me again.
1) Anxiety and depression that doesn't seem to respond that well to treatment like CBT.
2) Fatigue. I don't mean just feeling a little tired, although I usually feel that, but there are times when I have been physically unable to lift a cup.
3) Hyperpigmentation. I have this on my lips, above my top lip, forehead and recently a patch has appeared on my wrist.
4) Feelings like hypoglycemia that have led to about 4 tests for diabetes, all coming up clear.
5) A recurrent illness that has been called a kidney infection and that I keep being given antibiotics for, even though it makes no difference. A get intense pain in my lower back, shaky, nauseas, my skin feels insanely sensitive and my skin takes on a subtle yellow-ish tone. I'm too weak to get out of my bed and it usually lasts around 3 days. The first time this happened was right before I first started having problems with anxiety and depression (literally 3 days before).
I know obviously I have to speak to my doctor to get any actual diagnosis one way or the other, but I was just wondering if any people who actually have this illness could shed some light on whether or not my symptoms sound like asking for tests for this would be silly.
Thanks for your time and sorry for the big wall of text.
Oh, came back to edit because I forgot to mention I also have low blood pressure I get very dizzy, especially when I go from sitting to standing.
Last edited by morrigan; 07-09-2012 at 05:25 AM.