It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
(female)

vbway HB User
Question Confused by test results: Please help!

Hi. I would appreciate any help. I first did a salvia cortisol test. My a.m test results were .83 which is extremely low. My Dr. suspected Addison's because I have many of the symptoms. But then he ordered my cortisol checked in a blood test. The a.m result was a whopping 34.3. I don't understand how that could be. I am hoping someone here has some insight. I have been ill for so long. It is really wearing on me. I have to push myself so hard just to get out of bed. I am starting to get depressed because my life has changed so drastically. I also feel like I am failing my children. I want to be who I was two years ago. This has been the most trying time in my life. As a divorced mother of two, with no help from my ex, his family or my family, I am overwhelmed. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully give some input. I appreciate it very much.

Valerie

Old 07-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #2
(female)

jessica28 HB User
Re: Confused by test results: Please help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbway View Post
Hi. I would appreciate any help. I first did a salvia cortisol test. My a.m test results were .83 which is extremely low. My Dr. suspected Addison's because I have many of the symptoms. But then he ordered my cortisol checked in a blood test. The a.m result was a whopping 34.3. I don't understand how that could be. I am hoping someone here has some insight. I have been ill for so long. It is really wearing on me. I have to push myself so hard just to get out of bed. I am starting to get depressed because my life has changed so drastically. I also feel like I am failing my children. I want to be who I was two years ago. This has been the most trying time in my life. As a divorced mother of two, with no help from my ex, his family or my family, I am overwhelmed. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully give some input. I appreciate it very much.

Valerie
Im sorry u are confused and i hope i can help.. there are more syptoms than just being tired when u have addisons disease. i was diagnosed with it about 9 years ago. here are some symptoms to look out for it. ur tiredness could b a different problem. u will have clear to almost perfect skin, it will b tanned all year around, u crave salt, u are skinny n can eat whatever u want n u will not gain weight, u can sleep all the time n still feel tired, u may not sweat like a normal person does. generally when diagnosed u will b in ur early 20 or late 40... u normally go into addrenal crisis b4 diagnosed. n that is where ur heart stopps. so if u have it. do not wait..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply