It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2012, 03:16 PM   #1
(female)

k_c_lady HB User
Dead Tired

Hello all,
I was diagnosed over seven years ago with Adrenal Insufficiency, and hashimoto hypothyroidism. As of late, the last 3 months, I've been sleeping 12+ hours a day and still waking up tried as if I hadn't slept at all. I have no energy and no ambition to do anything.
My doctor put me on Zoloft about a month ago. That hasn't helped with anything "yet". I have been also having terrible pain in my joints, so bad I have had to limit my activities. I'm 31.
What is going on?

Old 09-05-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Dead Tried

HI KC, I have hypothyroidism and secondary Addison's, have severe nausea, dizziness, could sleep all day if I didn't feel go guilty about it (looks from hubby). My joints used to hurt terribly when my thyroid was real hypo. Might check into that?

do you have any nausea or dizziness by any chance?

Also have you tried Provigil? I take it from time to time when I need to go to the dr or drive somewhere. It will wake you up some. I'd give that a try. Hope this helps some, Cathy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2012, 02:25 PM   #3
(female)

luvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB User
Re: Dead Tired

Are you taking enough replacement steroid? Your symptoms indicate low cortisol ...

there might be another "stress" in your body (or mind) that you're unaware of and it's eating up your cortisol .. so you are low.

Just a thought - based on personal experience.

Take care,
Mollie

Old 09-21-2012, 04:34 PM   #4
(male)

jamesgc HB User

I am 48 years old and have had Addison's since 23.
For well over 20 year no Addison's issues (at all), yet this year has been hell. I went from 50 employees to unemployed in just a few months. I remain that way 10 months later.
I am experiencing the same symptoms, but after a change from Cortisone Acetate to Hydrocortisone the endo maintains my dosage is correct...I experimented with increased dosages, but no change in how I felt.

Most doctors do not completely understand Addison's.
I would consult your endocrinologist about trying an increase in dosage.

A couple of things to consider.
What are your B-12 levels?
Have your thyroid levels been checked?
I am on DHEA (which helped somewhat), but I understand this can be a poor choice for women?

Please let us know if you discover the answer to your current state.

Take care

Old 10-22-2012, 06:11 AM   #5
(male)

imrj HB User

K_C , you need to post some lab hormone numbers (cortisol, T3, T4, etc) and also list of meds.....is hard to help w/o any of that

Old 01-06-2013, 01:51 AM   #6
(female)

ElenaB HB User

The two times I have been dead tired due to addison's was once when my fludrocortisone dose was too high giving me high blood pressure, and the other time is being on inadequate levels of hydrocortisone. Blood tests should give you a clue.
Could be worth considering iron levels, or the possibility of a long-term infection such as glandular fever as these would also make you feel like sleeping more than 12 hours.

Best talk to your doc!

Reply Reply