It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
(male)

Deanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB UserDeanne1962 HB User
Adrenal symptoms and seeking testing

I am a fifty year old male and I am presently treating for heavy metal toxicity (mercury and lead), which I have been doing for some eight months. I believe the heavy metals wreaked havoc with my endocrine system.
I am finally starting to feel somewhat normal, after over one year of being thyroid deficient. My adrenals seem to have taken a hit, also, and it is my guess that they were the first to aile me, leading to my present thyroid issue.
My pcp has decided that I should undergo an ACTH stim test, and I agreed. My wife suggested that I get a low dose ACTH test, as it is less likely to cause side effects(?) and might be more accurate. Is this in fact true of the low dose test? I really feel like I am coming down the stretch on this long illness, so I want to be sure that I have the best information. That would be from you guys! Thanks in advance! My recent cortisol test was at 1.6 ug/dl, almost ten times lower than my measure in May of this year! Even if I were to adjust for my bedtime hours (going to bed early in the morning, getting up early afternoon), this seems very low.

Last edited by Deanne1962; 10-17-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Old 10-22-2012, 06:15 AM   #2
(male)

imrj HB User
Re: Adrenal symptoms and seeking testing

you will be fine....just make sure you dont do anything unusual the day/night before so your stress levels dont change and derail the stim test...do what your normal day would be like.....and get the sleep you usually get, no more or less....

your endo will either do a 1ug or 250ug dose stim test, both are relatively the same and provide similar results so dont worry about it too much....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply