It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2012, 05:50 PM   #1
(male)

Falcon1fan HB User
Smile Do we have to live with fatigue with Addison's Disease?

I was diagnosed with Addison's over six years ago at age 63.
At that time my thyroid was underactive and I was taking levoxyl for that.

With Addison's fatigue immediately set in and I also immediately gained 30 pounds.

I am now experiencing more weight gain and increased on again, off again, fatigue.

My endo says all of my blood work is within range!

Has anyone had and solved these issues?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2013, 04:42 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

tfisher817 HB User
I too have asked this question for 3 years the last time my endo asked if my fatigue was better i said non whatsoever... She said well learn to live w it . I still won't accept that answer . I've been reading oabout a few people not responding well to PO meds had been swapped to daily injectable steroids which I going to ask my dr ( my new endo) about next appt

Last edited by moderator2; 01-20-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #3
(female)

ElenaB HB User
Re: Do we have to live with fatigue with Addison's Disease?

I've had addison's for 11 years, and in my experience no we dont have to live with fatigue. I cant really compare myself pre and post diagnosis though as I was only 8 at the time and sick leading up to that point, so not cant remember a time without it really. But from what I've experienced so far, i havent lived with fatigue and can keep up with everyone else around me and maintained a drive for life. Ive also maintained a healthy weight and never had a problem with weight gain (except for when I was on too much HC). I have had fatigue before, but that was either when I was on inadequate HC, related to another illness, or once I had high bp due to my fludrocortisone dose being too high. Sometimes I do have to chill for a day after being as active as my friends, and I used to take quite a few days off school, but its all been completely manageable. Things Ive found helpful to ward off fatigue have been a well balanced and healthy diet (low sugar/carb, high protein and as much fresh fruit and veg as possible), exercise (as unappealing as it is when your fatigued) - i feel best when i go to the gym for half an hour 3-4 times a week (seriously does improve my longterm energy!), trying to get to sleep at a reasonable time and avoid sleeping in, taking meds on time, taking extra meds when ill, and keeping life interesting so you have stuff to look forward to in the week etc.

Hope that helped!

The Following User Says Thank You to ElenaB For This Useful Post:
Jo7793 (02-18-2013)
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 AM   #4
(female)

k_c_lady HB User
Unhappy Re: Do we have to live with fatigue with Addison's Disease?

I am new to the extreme fatigue. For me, it started in June. I was diagnosed in 2005 so I have been on Cortez for years. I have tried just about everything i did before, such as, i normally would take 20 mg a day ( in the morning only) could get everything I needed to do. Since June, I have tried up to 80 mg wo any result. It feels like its not even working. If it weren't for the withdrawals (headache, and joint pain are the worst), I would consider another, natural, supplement. The only thing I can compare it to is, it feels like I did before I started replacement therapy. I lived with adrenal insufficiency for 11 years untreated. I'm 32 now. What the heck is going on with us? This is no way to live. I want my motivated self back. Sleeping 12 hours a day blows.

Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
Re: Do we have to live with fatigue with Addison's Disease?

Hi, I was diagnosed with secondary Addison's three yrs ago and am progressively laying around more and more. I take 15 mg of hydrocortisone and have gained 19 lbs in the last 2 months!

Saw my endo today told her again my story I am tired, in bed all the time, nauseous, diarrhea, woozy. She gave me a script for flornef said it will help with the wooziness.

Also, I told her I'm wide awake at 10 pm so she told me to take my hydrocortisone at 10 pm and 3 am. To give it a try. We shall see.

I understand how you feel, this suxors. We have no life. . Cathy

Reply Reply