It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2013, 04:12 AM   #1
(male)

will4318 HB User
Been put on Fludrocortisone but have no idea whats going on

Hi

Not sure if im putting this in the right place or not but hopefully someone can help, I have been having drops in my blood sugar for a few years but over the last few weeks they have been happening daily compared to a once a month or so, for few years i have also been thirsty and tired all the time, because it was starting to get to much i called my GP. He did some blood tests that all came back ok, but then when i spoke to him he said he needs to put me on some tablets to help and prescribed me Fludrocortisone 50mcg daily. he never mentioned that anything was wrong just that it would help with my blood sugar however i have looked on the internet as i got no PIL and cannot find any refrence to Fludrocortisone being used to treat hypoglycemia on its own.

Does anyone have any idea whats going on, Im speaking to the doctor in a few weeks time to see how im going but would rather know whats going on before then.

Thank you

Will

Reply Reply