It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2013, 11:17 AM   #1
(female)

rocknmum HB User
Addisons? Thoughts?

This is going to be long winded and I apologize. I'm 26 years old and after doing some research believe I may have addisons. It started about 2.6 years ago when I had my first "episode", nausea, diarrhea, dizzy, racing heart, my vision went blurry, extremely thirsty, exhausted but couldn't sleep, headache, and "internally" shaky. I knew something was very wrong, went to the ER had my blood checked everything was normal was told it could be anxiety but also coupled with my memory issues and miss use of words I had an MRI of my head which came back clear except for it was found I have absence of the septum pellucidum and a "thinner than normal" corpus collosum. Fast forward to now, mostly muscle skeletal aches and pains, headaches, thump in throat feeling, exhaustion, I've been to the ER for shortness of breath now twice, each time receiving neb treatments. I just generally feel like my life is slowing slipping away and no one sees it. The last time I told them don't bother it isn't going to help because I'll be right back here in a matter of weeks. (Symptoms usually worsen around my period) I've now got this horrible aching bruised like feeling on the left side of my ribs in the back reaching around to the front. I get dizzy and my vision still goes wonky from time to time. Now my last labs everything was "normal" as said by my PCP, my eosinophils are double what they're supposed to be, my WBC and RBC were a few points higher then normal, my potassium was on the low normal and my calcium was on a few points away from being high. My TSH was 1.6 but on a whim she decided to test my PTH that came back as 7.

I'm looking for thoughts and or opinions from you guys with addisons because from what I'm reading about it, sometimes doctors just don't know. I will say my PCP will most likely follow through with whatever I ask her, she has been pretty great so far in the process of figuring things out it just seems like I'm waiting for the ball to drop and I don't want that to happen.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-07-2013, 06:09 PM   #2
(male)

frustratid HB User
Re: Addisons? Thoughts?

my sympathies for what you are going through - sounds horrible - hang in there

ask them to do an ACTH test !

you will actually feel better just from the act of smiling

Reply Reply