It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2009, 10:19 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

jayer HB User
Wierd sensations when trying to fall asleep

I wonder if anybody feels these symptoms. This primarily happens when I get very relaxed and about to fall asleep, (or wakes me up from sleep) it can be a number of different versions of.....twitching, muscle jerking that will wake me up, a sinking or falling sensation, a buzzing sensation deep in my stomach area, or pulsing in my stomach area. Can't think of any other descriptive words.

I am 47, my periods have been irregular for the last 6 months or so. I also am hypothyroid and have hashimotos, but you guys seem to have these symptoms more than thyroid people.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2009, 12:42 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: Wierd sensations when trying to fall asleep

Sounds like normal things that happen to many people as they fall into sleep and muscles began to relax and twitch/jerk and all those things. Not particularly a menopause problem...if it is my husband is in trouble.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #3
(female)

LisaH1960 HB User

I don't know whether this is menopause related, but for the last year or so I get the most annoying "rushes" that surge through my body right as I am about to fall asleep. It's feels almost like the adrenalin surge you get when someone jumps out and yells BOOO! from a dark room (but without the fear/shock). I swear I can literally feel it coursing through my veins like a chemical.

This almost invariably happens during the daytime when I try to sneak a nap, and once it happens, I might as well forget it. My nap is shot. Luckily it never seems to happen at night, I'm usually able to fall asleep easily, and rest really well these days.

But I sure do miss those naps!

Old 07-20-2009, 11:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

missy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB Usermissy222 HB User

Hi,

I have had the same muscle problems that you are having. I have twitching and jerking especially when I am still. I am 50 years old and still having periods, somewhat irregular. My twitching is occuring all the time now. I don't know if it is related to peri-menopause or what. I do know that when you enter the change of life it effects not only your muscles but also your nervous system. Also, a thyroid condition could cause twitching and also a deficiency in magnesium. I am going to start adding more magnesium to my dietary intake to see if it helps at all. Personally, between the twitching and the nerves, I feel like a cat on a hot tin roof!!!

Hope you feel better soon!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:05 AM   #5
(female)

alwaysaworrier HB User

I have similar rushes/surges as Lisa but mostly when falling asleep at night time. It can happen a few nights in a row and then not for weeks and then happens again. Feels like an adrenalin rush or something like that - would frighten the life out of you when it happens even so it might only be for seconds. Sometimes it can happen 2/3 times after each other. I have gotten used to it and just tell myself i will be ok but other times i fear in case i'm getting a heart attack or stroke. It is reassuring to read it happens to others though and that it most likely is a menopause thing.

Old 07-27-2009, 02:53 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

TEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB UserTEdds83 HB User

Hi there! iI am sorry you are going through this. If you read other posts on here you will find that your symptoms match so many others on here going through peri. I have most of those too. Our bodies are changing so much. Rest assured these are things alot of us are feeling.

Closed Thread