It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
(female)

SleepAllDay HB User
Can Someone Give Their Input Into What I Might Have?

I used to be a night owl. However, lately I don't have any set schedule. Sometimes I am tired by 10 or 11 and fall asleep and then wake early. Sometimes, I am not, and stay up all night. I will be tired then and sleep during the day. Sometimes, I stay up for 2 days and sleep for 20 hours afterwards.
It is a MAJOR disruption of my life and I don't know what kind of sleep disorder I have, if any as I haven't been diagnosed. Sometimes I wake up paralyzed. I can't move. It is SCARY. Sometimes, I wake up as if someone put a pillow on my face and pushed it hard---like I haven't been breathing--I wake up thinking I am dying. I take a deep breath like I almost drowned or something. It is the scariest thing ever!!!
I feel like my circadium rhythm is completely off.

I have major neck problems: bone spurs; arthritis; bulging disks at C4 and C5 with pressure against cord.

Any ideas?

THANKS!!!

Old 02-26-2010, 06:12 AM   #2
(female)

TV in RV HB User
Re: Can Someone Give Their Input Into What I Might Have?

You might want to get some pituitary or thyroid hormones checked. It's an easy way to rule out some possible causes of your problem, that is, if you have insurance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB UserSnowBunny2020 HB User

My thought is that it is a nerve problem related to your back.
Everything we do is connected to our nerves and if yours are misfiring or pinched, then I can see where you would have many problems. Have you even considered going to an acupuncturist or chiropractor?

Old 03-04-2010, 04:38 AM   #4
(female)

candi40 HB User

I could have written your post, all but the part about feeling like someone put a pillow over your face, and I don't have any neck problems. I too have always been a night owl - 3AM to 10AM is my ideal sleeping time. A few weeks ago I started staying up later and later, and now just about every other night I stay up all night. The next day I either manage to stay awake until 9 or 10PM and sleep until early the next afternoon, or I lay down for a *nap* that afternoon and sleep until 1 or 2 in the morning! It's driving me crazy, but I don't know what to do about it. I try going to sleep at a *normal* time, but I just can't - I'm not tired. I'm having major surgery next week and will be staying with my grandmother to recover, and everytime I stay with her I go to bed before midnight every night. I'm hoping that after I come back home I can get back to my regular schedule.
I suffer from major depression, severe fibromyalgia/CFS, and a few other health problems, but I had all of them well before this started. I'm in desperate need of a sleep study, but I have so many medical expenses that I keep putting it off. It sounds like you really need to have one too.

Old 03-04-2010, 11:44 AM   #5
(male)

optimistic kid HB User

hi there
I suffered acute anxiety before and depression i then got clever or at least i thought i wasand blocked everything out in the day and then when night came and i was in a relaxed mood i would go to bed and just as i was at that sleepy stage all my blocked out anxiety would come to the surface then the adrenalin would kick in and i was wide eyed til morning it is the adrenalin which is the problem your body is like a loose cannon releasing adrenalin for the slightest reason .
Its not a good situation to be in but what i did was go to the gym regular and NEVER sleep in the day just go to bed as normal even if you have missed a whole night

Old 03-04-2010, 04:02 PM   #6
(female)

TV in RV HB User

I watched a sleep special on the discovery channel and they said that you MUST sleep the same hours everynight or your carcadium rythym will be thrown off. I know this is what you are trying to do, it's really really hard, especialy if you enjoy being a night owl. Also bright lights will confuse your carcadium rythym, so keep the room dim a few hours before sleep. Most people don't get excercise because they have office jobs. You need to excercise during the day if you want to sleep at night. They said that it takes practice, and if you are an otherwise healthy individual and have no stress (because stress will change your hormones), then regularity should help your carcadium rythym to get back on track.

Me personally, I have thyroid and cortisol problems. Any hormone problems will interfere with sleep, regardless how hard to you try to be regular. First you have to rule out any health or mental problems before you even try to set your carcadium.

Closed Thread