It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2011, 11:00 AM   #1
(female)

mej1 HB User
Social anxiety disorder and adrenaline

Is there a link between Social anxiety disorder and adrenaline? I'm asking because I believe I may have social anxiety disorder since I cannot function at all in public places or around certain people in certain situations (hard to explain).

Interestingly, I have been in situations or been given exciting news that causes what I believe are surges of adrenaline. During these times, I feel that the anxiety and inhibitions that I normally feel are gone. During these times, I can do stuff without fear that I normally couldn't do, like talking to people or taking charge of a situation. I love that feeling and would love to maintain it, but it ultimately goes away once the adrenaline rush is gone. The length of the adrenaline rush depends on a number of things but it's usually short lived (a couple hours to a couple days).

Old 02-27-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
(male)

peterswan HB User
Re: Social anxiety disorder and adrenaline

I have had huge social anxiety problem for years and was/am on antidepressants. I starting taking vitamin b tablets there 2 months ago and they have seriously helped (the ones that have a high absobtion rate-bit more expensive).
The lady that sold them said a problem with anxiety is that all your b vitamins drain in the body and creates a problem with the nervous system. by taking the b vitamins it replenishes the b vitmains in the body and aids the nervous system.
As I said it has really helped and I am a much calmer person

Last edited by ms_mod; 02-27-2011 at 05:13 AM. Reason: Replaced text message, chat room letters with the proper words as per the posting rules. Ms_Mod

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread