It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
(female)

Terbear2011 HB User
Diagnosed with Anxiety/depression and going thru hell!

Hi everyone,

I am a woman in my early 40's and diabetic. I go through these episodes of anger and rage. I can't even look at the people I love without screaming out profanities if they say a word to me or just look at me the wrong way. I hate myself for it and hate myself while it's happening. I'm well aware but can't stop it! I don't know what to do. I was put on cypralex and the dosage was knocked up to 30mg. After 4 months of being on the med I forgot to refill the prescription and went through withdrawl. (which I had no idea would happen either never being on meds other than diabetic meds) I was then up to 30mg and saw a doctor in a walk in and went on 10 mg. Maybe that was a big mistake? Not sure. I was trying to ween myself off. So now I've been taking 10 mg for the last two months and I am going through episodes of high stress, and anger.

Not sure what to do next. Is there another med I should be taking along with this one? Is something triggering the other? I seriously want to hide away and be away from everyone but at the same time I want to know people still love me. I am such a wonderful human being normally with a big heart....and cannot understand why this is happening to me. I've had this on and off for years! Since my twenties.

Any advice or personal stories to be shared? I love to hear them.

Thanks so much.

TB

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-28-2011 at 03:49 AM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Terbear2011:
KeepCalm (04-28-2011)
Old 04-28-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
(male)

deand HB User
Re: Diagnosed with Anxiety/depression and going thru hell!

In my opinion and I am not a doctor it sounds like it is possible that the diagnosis was incorrect. My wife is bi polar and she has had fits of anger and rage like you described. Once that it is set off, the depression and anxiety will follow. I would talk to a doctor and see if this makes any sense and deal with it accordingly.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-28-2011 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Removed long quote. Ms_Mod

The Following User Says Thank You to deand For This Useful Post:
Terbear2011 (04-28-2011)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM   #3
(female)

Terbear2011 HB User

I've thought that it could be a bi-polar issue too but not knowing enough on the problem I've really never pursued it.

Last night I ended up with another attack and it was bad. My mother in-law who also suffers anxiety is insisting I go to a psychiatrist to be prescribed the proper "cocktail" of drugs or I will not be helped. I was hoping to ween off everything but after last night and again today......I know that's probably not possible. The hardest part for me and probably 99% of other people suffering from anxiety is having to admit you've got the problem! Depression? I'm always smiling and trying to please others....anxiety? I've always thought the heart jumps and adrenaline rushes were just part of me...and how I cope....and now I am realizing I need more meds.

Scary.

Last edited by ms_mod; 04-29-2011 at 04:52 AM.

Old 05-01-2011, 06:30 PM   #4
(female)

Kayjax11 HB UserKayjax11 HB User

That was one of the hardest things for me also, to admit I had Panic Disorder. It took a long time for me to accept, and even longer to accept I needed medication, prob. for life.......hang in there

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-02-2011 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Removed quote. Ms_Mod

Old 05-01-2011, 09:46 PM   #5
(male)

etsnyder HB User

My shrink tweaks with my meds in a mannor that won't make me ping all over. Just stopping cold should be under the advice of a Doc. Some meds will set a patient into withdrawls. I can say that after my meds were adjusted life is good again. --et--

Old 05-02-2011, 11:37 AM   #6
(male)

deand HB User

First, get to a doctor and get properly diagnosed. There are many doctors out there. I have had OCD for as long as I can remember and my wife as I had mentioned before is bi polar. My opinion is that whether one's condition is Bi Polar, OCD or any other condition, the anxiety and nervous feeling come as a result of them. An example would be be one goes to the doctor for something completely different and you are told your blood pressure is up. You may in fact have normal blood pressure when you are calm. That usually stems from the aniexty of what you think may be happening. In my case I go into OCD situations and it gets me so frustrated and then here comes the anxiety. It is like a hampster on a wheel. I think anything that can trigger a nervous feeling in us can put you into a constant feeling of anxiety. For people like us we need medicine. I have had times where I start shaking for no apparent reason. There is help out there for you but you have to follow through with them and put your pride on the shelf. I plan on being on my meds for the rest of my life.

Last edited by ms_mod; 05-02-2011 at 12:25 PM.

Closed Thread