It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2011, 09:42 PM   #1
(male)

chasingthecool HB User
General Anxiety Disorder from insomnia

i had 3 days of trouble sleeping and on the 4th night of 2-3 hours of sleep i got a rush of anxiety. now its the general anxiety disorder that keeps me up at night. adrenaline, heartbeats a little harder, tension headaches. i cant sleep because of it. i went to urgent care for ambien which put me to sleep, i can't see a doctor til tuesday because of memorial day weekend.

the GAD happens throughout the day now. i have tension headache almost all day. should i go on meds?

Old 05-31-2011, 07:44 AM   #2
(female)

ghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB Userghelpmelivelife HB User
Re: General Anxiety Disorder from insomnia

how long has this been going on? The dr. probably will put you on something for your anxiety. I hope you get better soon!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2011, 08:42 PM   #3
(female)

phoebe368 HB Userphoebe368 HB User

have you ever considered getting a sleep study or polysomnography to diagnosis your insomnia? I too had terrible anxiety (GAD) caused by sleeping poorly and terrible insomnia. I was finally diagnosed after a sleep study with obstructive sleep apnea. i'm young, fit and don't snore. sleep apnea is often caused by an anatomical issue. i also read that 95% of insomnia is caused by a sleep breathing disorder such as sleep apnea

Old 06-08-2011, 12:46 PM   #4
(male)

chasingthecool HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoebe368 View Post
have you ever considered getting a sleep study or polysomnography to diagnosis your insomnia? I too had terrible anxiety (GAD) caused by sleeping poorly and terrible insomnia. I was finally diagnosed after a sleep study with obstructive sleep apnea. i'm young, fit and don't snore. sleep apnea is often caused by an anatomical issue. i also read that 95% of insomnia is caused by a sleep breathing disorder such as sleep apnea
how did you get rid of GAD? i can't stop thinking about it all day long. i might not even have anxiety just my mind is telling me i do

Old 06-08-2011, 06:36 PM   #5
(female)

phoebe368 HB Userphoebe368 HB User

My sleep apnea is currently being treating with cpap therapy. This has greatly reduced my anxiety.

Closed Thread