It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #1
(male)

Thescaredone HB User
Some one help me please!

i've been having these randomn episodes for about a week now and talking to my mom doesnt seem to help she says i need to work it off! and im just crazy and in reality i think its her fault for drinking for the 18 years of my life and it doesnt seem to help but im stuck here until i get my job and get an apartment to get away from here!

can anyone offer advice cause it's truly driving me insane! they didnt start happening until half way through summer after graduation from high school? could that be causing it, should i see a psychiatrist?

PLease help

Old 07-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #2
(male)

Krion HB User
Re: Some one help me please!

Could you be a little more specific of what you're going through? symptom-wise, I mean.

Though if it is panic, then it didnt really have anything to do with your mother's drinking....Although abuse yes can cause panic in the right situation.

Panic attacks are caused by huge sudden releases of chemicals like Epinephrine (adrenaline) to prompt you to act to a preceived threat: the flight-or-fight mechanism. You're not going crazy, infact your body is responding exactly how it should.

the problem of course, being theres no real threat to run away from...Since its fear causing it, and that fear is inside you, it creates all sorts of irritating mental conflicts.

Anything more specific though would need some more details on what you feel and how you react. Between the members of this community we've experienced whole boatloads of the symtpoms and got through in the end.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-12-2011, 06:31 PM   #3
(male)

Frank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB UserFrank Furter HB User

Sounds like you're developing anxiety symptoms from chronic stress and worry. When you get away from the cause you'll probably be OK. If not, you may need to take an SSRI for a while. Good luck.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
(female)

Ariel99 HB User

I think a visit to your doctor may be in order. Sounds like you are having either panic and/or anxiety attacks and if so, there is medication for that, that can help you but you would need to talk it over with your doctor.

Closed Thread