It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2011, 07:48 PM   #1
(female)

SJSB HB User
So what could my anxiety be? Help!!

I'm new to this board and I really need help in finding out what my "anxiety", if that is what it is, is caused from. This is a lifelong issue, at least from early childhood. In a nutshell, here are my issues: I call it hypersensitivity to motion(speed, heights, just moving when I am not in control). When I am driving, I could go 90+ mph and be perfectly fine! Minor issue - If I see someone swinging or my kids spinning on a tire swing it bothers me, makes me feel a little off...MAJOR ISSUE - if I am not driving I get butterflies, don't feel grounded, scared to death, hate the feeling of not being in control, same thing with planes, esp when going down runway, once in the air I feel better b/c it doesn't feel like we are moving anymore...escalators just started making me nervous (never did before), if my husband is driving, even though I'm usually used to his driving, I will get nervous if he is driving down a hill b/c I feel like I'm free falling (I get the intense butterfly feeling) though if he puts his breaks on going down the hill just a little bit I'm alright, same thing if he floors it to make the green arrow and turn left. I could never tolerate amusement park rides both for height and speed (or should we just say motion) reasons. When I was in the hospital and someone pushed me down the hall in a wheelchair I couldn't tolerate it, felt a little off, can't explain it but a feeling of no control, butterflies. It's hard for me to believe this is just anxiety, b/c I've never had a panic attack or any other type of anxiety symptoms I hear people on these boards discuss. My major symptom is just really uncomfortable butterflies, sounds silly, but I'm hoping some of you out there know how horrible that feeling is. I'm wondering if I could have too much adrenalin....or maybe have dysautonomia (an autonomic nervous system disorder) or...vestibular dysfunction (inner ear problem). One thing I do not have is constant dizziness so when I called an otologist's office I was told that all the patients there have dizziness 24/7 so I would not be a candidate. I do have low blood pressure and get dizzy upon standing sometimes but I pretty much ignore that b/c I don't know any different. I also have a heart arrhythmia, SVT. Maybe that could be caused by too much adrenalin, too? I don't know what to do b/c when you look at neurology I don't see anything having to do with my problem and I would rather not just take xanax, I want to know what my problem stems from. I still wonder that if I'm bothered by seeing my kids do something makes me nervous, (swinging), that maybe this has to do with my vestibular system?? Please help!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread