It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #1
(female)

me n my mum HB User
Post 1st time adrenal crisis (very scarey)

my mum got rushed in hospital yesterday with adrenal crisis first time this has happened, i feel so bad coz i didnt realise it was to do with her addison's disease brought on by infection due to severe water retention, if only i knew the symptoms before yesterday...she was in a bad way and not responding when we tried to wake her, i thought her drowsiness was down to the ammount of medication she is taking as she has epilepsy,copd addisons disease, i.t.p (blood disorder) she was discharged from hospital 2 weeks ago after the water retention in her legs got badly infected they r much better now but still infected, (i know now that any kind of infection can trigger addisons's symptoms) but since leaving hospital she has slowly got worse by not eating as much, headaches, dizziness (constantly even when sat down) n then after i got her to hospital we realised she hadnt taken yesterdays medication to which if i had noticed i should of given her the emergancy injection what they gave her last year but i did not click on to what was happening but since this has happened i know a lot more about the symptoms and will be taking extra notice to how she is feeling and looking..the doctors have told me she is going to be ok and hopefully be able to come home in a few days...if there is any other info i need to know please let me know

just got back from the hospital (monday evening) there is no change my mum is still unresponsive i'm really starting to worry now.... is this normal to still be unresponsive after 30 hours from getting her to the hospital??

Last edited by me n my mum; 12-19-2011 at 12:29 PM. Reason: updating

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-20-2011, 09:44 PM   #2
(female)

me n my mum HB User
Re: 1st time adrenal crisis (very scarey)

Tuesday eve i went to visit my mum and she was sat up, eating and very alert i am pleased to say...i am so releived she is ok, doctors have said she can go home on thursday...we can now carry on and have a very happy christmas and hope that she is not ill for a very long time

Closed Thread