It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 02:26 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User
How can it all be my immune system?

Now my doctor is insisting all my problems are because my immune system isn't working right. If that were the case, I'd have to have been born with a faulty immune system because my endocrine problems started as a teenager. Also, if all my current symptoms are from my immune system not working right all this time, why was I able to function before I started on thyroid meds? My labs showed I was definately hypo, but I could still function. It's all gone downhill since I started on thyroid hormones. And how can my immune system prevent my body from making sex hormones?

Plus, I've been gluten and dairy free for a year now and I still have severe brain fog, pressure behind my forehead, hypo/adrenal symptoms. I think I need a new doctor.

Old 02-09-2012, 12:27 PM   #2
(female)

leighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB User
Re: How can it all be my immune system?

What symptoms does your dr attribute to "your immune system not working right", and what can be done about it?

If I'm not mistaken isn't Hashimotos an autoimmune process? So obviously your immune system isn't working correctly if you have Hashis, so I don't blame you for being confused.

Maybe you can ask for a referral to a doctor that deals with immune problems?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2012, 02:40 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User

The reason I say it's not my immune system is because I've had hormone imbalances since I was a teenager. I've also had an MRI of my pituitary that showed it was abnormally shaped. So while my immune system may be out of whack and while I do have Hashi's, I don't believe it's the root of all the problems. I've been gluten and dairy free for over a year now and still have the same forehead pressure and same brain fog. People who have celiacs who stop eating gluten feel better very quickly. I may also have an issue with leaky gut, but again, after a year of trying to treat that, I still have the same brain fog and same pressure in my forehead.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:06 PM   #4
(female)

leighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB Userleighsa200 HB User

Since you have other hormonal issues, maybe you should see a reproductive endocrinologist since they deal with female hormone issues as well.

It sounds like you've covered all the bases, it's hard to say where to go next if it's not your thyroid anymore.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

tigger67 HB User

I have an appt with a pituitary endo next month, so hopefully they can tell me if that's where the problem is coming from. I've been on bioidentical hormones for two years now and while my progesterone level has gone up and I"m having regular periods now for the first time in my life, my estrogen and testosterone levels haven't moved. My testosterone has actually gotten lower.

Old 02-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #6
(female)

Good luck, I hope you get some answers.

Closed Thread