It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2012, 06:07 AM   #1
(female)

kazmoz HB User
Please help

Hi I have joined this site out of desperation and help. I am 36 years of age and female. I suffer from OCD and anxiety but have managed to keep it controlled without my tablets. I came off my tablets about a year ago. Since then I have managed well until very recently. I am going through a divorce which is not messy and at the final stages my husband left me 18 months ago after 18 years of being together. My mum is getting over a serious illness which she had to have her kidney removed. My partner and I split up and got back together we have had money issues through him not having a job. He now has a job and money and things are going great. I have a lovely 4 year old son who is my life.

However over the last month or so I have felt like rubbish, I will try to explain so please bare with me. I have suffered headaches which i dont normally they are from pains shooting down the right hand side of my head towards the back, shivery feeling in my head, a type of foggy feeling almost like when you have laid in bed too long and tightness and what feels like tension and strain. I have been suffering what I figured was headrush which feels like a strong headache that leaqsts for a few seconds at a time. These can be once or twice a day but recently much more often. I have had my eyes checked the optician says they are healthy. I have seen 3 drs and a nurse who all say its stress and tension.

I have been put back on fluoxetine to help me through this but I am not convinced this is all thats wrong with me. I have never felt like this before I dont feel stressed and I know two people who unfortunately will not be around much longer due to brain tumour and something in the brain giving wrong messages to the other. Sorry I dont no the technical terms.

I have got it into my head I am dieing and have a brain tumour the drs say I not sending them any red flag signals and have to give it time. The thing is the more I get these headaches the more I worry. I feel I just want someone to listen to me and take notice but they just want me out the door.

Its ruining my life I feel I cant be happy and living with a death sentence each day I feel is on borrowed time. My vision hearing everything is all ok its just the headaches and dizziness feeling. They say I have wax in my ears and putting olive oil in for them to syringe them. I have counselling starting tomorrow but I am scared I just dont no if I can cope with this.

The biggest thing is what if i dont get to see my boy grow up, he is my life and the thought that I amy not absolutely terrifies me. I keep looking on the internet talking to people but nothing satisfies me. Something is wrong and I dont no what to do.

Sorry to go on I would appreciate people thoughts.

Thank you Kazmoz

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: kazmoz
BelleoftheSouth (02-20-2012), solofelix (02-20-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Please help

Hi,
I really do feel for you. If you read your own letter you will see it speaks strongly of anxiety and that alone can cause all your symptoms and more.
The medication you are on can also cause similar side effects and it may help to try a different type.
If you had something more seriously wrong your Dr would have found that out by now.
I highly recommend the counselling and also to try a different medication.
Believe me things will get better and I wish you well.

Solofelix.

Old 02-20-2012, 09:50 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

If the doctors thought you had a brain tumor they would send you in for MRI or Catscan..

You wrote 'the more I get these headaches the more I worry' are you sure it isn't 'the more I worry the more headaches I have?

Sometimes we worry ourselves into headaches and think the opposite.

You've been through a lot of stress lately and it caught up with you? Tell your doctor that the meds you're taking now isn't working and get another med.

Good Luck and I hope you feel better soon

~Belle~

Old 02-20-2012, 09:51 AM   #4
(female)

kazmoz HB User

Thank you for your reply solofelix. A big part of me agrees but there is still this nagging feeling I just cant believe in a way I am bringing these symptoms on all of my own accord. I have been on these tablets before but never felt any side affects, nor have I had any of these symptoms before and I have been worse stressed. I have been on the tablets 3 weeks today but I am sure any side affects would have settled by now.

Old 02-20-2012, 01:02 PM   #5
(female)

kazmoz HB User
Unhappy Re: Please help

Thank you all for your replies. I agree to an extent it is depression but like I say I cant see why or how it would make me have the headaches and light headedness. I feel so down and I cant stop thinking about it, in a way I feel the only thing that would make me feel better would be a scan. However, lets face it if all drs sent people in cause they were worried they would be inundated. Although I have ocd I would never class myself a hypocondriac, this has and really is worrying me and I cant shake it. I just want to feel normal and move on but I cant, I think about this 24/7. I feel so alone right now.

The following user gives a hug of support to kazmoz:
BelleoftheSouth (02-20-2012)
Old 02-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

BelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB UserBelleoftheSouth HB User

Do you have high blood pressure? It is hard when it seems like you're against a brick wall.

I hope you feel better soon.

~Belle~

Old 02-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
(female)

kazmoz HB User

No I do not have high blood pressure, so I cant see why I am getting the headrushes. Maybe I am imaganing things but they are really distressing me. They are not so bad I have to live off of painkillers but I tend to take 2 most mornings to help the headache go so I can try to forget, I rarely need to take more thorughout the day. The heads are never really bad just worrying to me as to why I am getting them in the first place.

Old 02-21-2012, 03:45 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi Kazmos,
Read up on the medication you are taking and you will see Dizziness and Headaches are a side effect.
You describe your problem as headrush but the head could be effected in many ways with this medication. Why not ask your Dr if you could try a different type.
Hope you soon get some relief.

Solofelix.

Old 02-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #9
(male)

rvnic HB User

Just wanted to chime in here. I feel really bad for you, because I have struggled with health related anxiety for the last 8 years and know how absolutely terrible it can be. I have experienced chest pains that I thought were sure heart attacks, headaches that I thought were sure brain tumors, stomach problems that I thought were sure stomach cancer. The list goes on. Anxiety does strange things to you physically. As my doctor told me, the reason why is because your body is constantly releasing stress hormones and adrenaline when you are constantly worried. This has an effect on your body and you don't even realize it's happening. Muscles tighten, blood pressure increases, heart rate goes up, breathing rate goes up, etc.... When this goes on and on, you start to experience very real physical symptoms.

In my case, I have actually gone and had the tests. It was about 2 years ago that I was having severe headaches. I mean, every day, I would basically be incapacitated by horrible pain at the base of my skull on the right side. My entire neck would tighten up to the point where it was excrutiating. I was sure I had a brain tumor. The doctor told me no. Brain tumors present with a variety of strange neurological symptoms aside from just headaches. He sent me for a brain MRI anyway to ease my mind. Guess what? No brain tumor. After some time, and with some anxiety medication, my anxiety level decreased and the headaches seemed to just vanish. Now, 2 years later, it all seems like a distant memory. I get an occasional headache like anyone but I no longer have the anxiety response to it so I don't get into that downward spiral of worry leading to more physical symptoms. Have you tried to tell your doctor that you would really like an MRI for peace of mind? A doctor that understands anxiety may send you for one. Mine did.

It's difficult, but you have to accept that your doctor has been practicing medicine for however many years. He/she has probably seen dozens or hundreds of people with brain tumors. He has the experience of knowing what the symptoms of a person with a brain tumor actually look like.

I'm currently fighting a similar battle with a stomach problem that I have been having. Doctors are telling me nothing is wrong, yet I am constantly feeling nausea and various burning pains. I have had a bunch of tests all confirming that there is nothing wrong. What strikes me as similar to your story is that my wife recently gave birth to our first child. I look at the little guy, the thought that maybe I am really sick and I won't be around to see him grow up strikes deathly fear into heart and majorly contributes to the anxiety.

You aren't alone. Many people suffer with anxiety at various points in their life. Please do realize that anxiety DEFINITELY causes very real physical symptoms. It is amazing how the mind can do that, but it does. Hope you find relief soon.

The Following User Says Thank You to rvnic For This Useful Post:
LoveMyGirls1203 (03-23-2012)
Closed Thread