It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2012, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

sterlingcg HB User
Please help Saliva test results

I recieved my test results in the mail today. I sent in a saliva test for cortisol.
This is just preliminary. I have a doctor that I am working with but I would like to get the input from others with Addison's if these levels are enough to start taking a closer look at my adrenal health and if they matched what other people had with Addison's
Here are my levels in ng/mL:
3.2 (7-10)
2.0 (3-6)
1.7 (2-4)
1.6 (<1.5)

I also have hashimoto's I have been on synthroid for almost a year now. The first two months I felt wonderful, never better, then my TSH went up to 45. The meds stopped working and so they upped my dosage. Now there is no right dosage, it's either too much or too little. All of my thyroid symptoms went away and just the ones that match with adrenal problems stayed:
intolerance to cold
can't handle ANY stress
no hyperpigmentation
bowel/ abdomen discomfort
full as soon as i start eating
low back pain
recurrent infections
tired
irritable
crave sugar all the time
brain fog
confusion

Please any help would be greatly appreciated

Old 02-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #2
(female)

luvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB User
Re: Please help Saliva test results

You have a lot of the most common symptoms of Adrenal Insufficiency .. in fact, I have everyone of the symptoms that you've mentioned .. all of which are greatly helped when you are on an adequate replacement dosage of cortisol. Your saliva test is a clear indication that you have some degree of Adrenal Insufficiency going on. I encourage you to find a good Endocrinologist and undergo the appropriate testing so you can properly treat this serious condition. You will feel much better and you will regain your strength .. not to mention that if it progresses, and is left untreated.. Adrenal Insufficiency can be extremely dangerous.

Take care,
Mollie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2012, 09:43 PM   #3
(female)

sterlingcg HB User

Thank you, Mollie. I am hoping this doctor will listen. I was hoping some people would care to share what their levels were when they were diagnosed with Addison's and also what other tests I should expect my doctor to run on me, and which I should make sure are done. Also any other input is helpful. Its just nice to be able to talk to some other people who know what this whole thing is like.

Old 03-16-2012, 08:44 AM   #4
(female)

KemaVA HB User

I am interested as well... I recently had a saliva test
My levels in ng/mL:
4.0 (7-10)
1.2 (3-6)
0.5 (2-4)
0.6 (<1.5)
I am currently being treated for hypothyroid. Doctor doesnt want to treat adrenals as of yet.

Last edited by KemaVA; 03-16-2012 at 08:45 AM.

Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM   #5
(female)

luvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB Userluvthesun HB User

This makes no sense to me.. you are completely out of range LOW for cortisol, yet your doctor does not want to treat it?? Time to find a new doc.

You are in need of replacement cortisol .. this hormone is imperative for life.

Take care...

Sincerely,
Mollie

Old 04-16-2012, 12:05 PM   #6
(female)

Fitness Seeker HB UserFitness Seeker HB User

I am newly diagnosed and treated for borderline hypoT (TSH 3.46, steadily climbing from 2.0 a few yrs ago but never treated until now). I have been reading alot of hypoT books, fatigue, etc.

Was wondering abt those saliva tests. Do the Lab Corp administer them or do i need to get them online ? The MD wants me to re-do my TSH testing (w/ antibodies in a month) and i asked to have the ACTH/cortisols done, but they requested for "plasma" which i heard isn't as accurate. Could i call them and ask them to modify it to saliva testing?

Closed Thread