It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-09-2012, 01:20 AM   #91
(female)

Lady a HB User
Re: Invisible illness, very sick.

The fight or flight is right on the money

Old 06-09-2012, 01:24 AM   #92
(female)

Lady a HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decieved View Post
Hi -

i know that men and women both use botox. Sometimes for cosmetic reasons and sometimes for health issues. Have you had botox for any reason? Would like to know as your symptoms sound very similar to neurological issues brought on by botox.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-09-2012, 01:27 AM   #93
(female)

Lady a HB User

I never heard of Botox giving those symptons. Strange , I had it done 6 months before symptoms started, but I did tell the allergist. Didn't seem to matter. Guess I was a classic case of Graves

Old 06-09-2012, 01:35 AM   #94
(female)

Lady a HB User

I still have sleep apnea . Wear a c-pap every night. Also saw a eye surgeon. As luck would have it, my eyes did not need surgery , blessed there. My neck hurt too, and I saw things in my eyes. Please , insist on more thyroid testing.

Old 06-09-2012, 04:58 PM   #95
(male)

Mojo37 HB UserMojo37 HB UserMojo37 HB User

Lady a,

What were your symptoms? I've been so sick for so long and no doctor can find what is wrong with me. I get that fight or flight feeling and I get very sick and feel like I am dying. The vision disturbances are really bad and don't let me sleep when I get them and my joint and neck pains are very uncomfortable.

Old 06-10-2012, 05:42 AM   #96
(male)

stevemv HB User

Hold tight Mojo, I don't think you are dying. I don't think so cause I bet the pain in your neck and joints are because you may have arthritis like I do.
Do you work now. OR Have you been working your tail off all your life?
Do you have days where everything hurts and then days where it doesn't hurt?
Keep the fight, brah! and don't take the flight.
Hold your head high man.....

The Following User Says Thank You to stevemv For This Useful Post:
Mojo37 (06-10-2012)
Old 06-10-2012, 06:40 AM   #97
(male)

Stevemv,

I've been fighting this since November. Whatever it is causing my symptoms is either something wrong with my endocrine system or autoinmune disease like rheumathoid arthritis. A friend of mine had the same exact symptoms for 3 years until he found a doctor that diagnosed him in less than 15 min with RA. Mayo confirmed his diagnosis. I have two beautiful boys that are the ones that give me the motivation to keep fighting. There's a lot of people out there in worse shape than me. I will get to hte bottom of this soon I hope.

Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 PM   #98
(female)

stressedtomax HB Userstressedtomax HB Userstressedtomax HB User

I also am still searching for answers. I wish my cardiologist was my primary.. she is willing to have me go everywhere. She said if the nuerologist doesntt find anything she will send me to sn autonomous(?spelling) clinic. Neurologist waitingon mri and blood tests. Just told I have low vitamin d. I cant work or drive. Limited activity I am walking still cant bend or do stairs also having problem carrying things too heavy. People look at me and either think I sm faking or wish I wouldn't talk about it. Cardiologist also having me send some tests to endocrinologolist. My young daughter is why I don't give up. Tests come back mostly good except some adrenalin levels and weird bp levels. Cardiograph even mentioned pots..

The Following User Says Thank You to stressedtomax For This Useful Post:
babyboomer6 (08-21-2012)
Old 06-19-2012, 04:06 PM   #99
(male)

Well, here's my update,

I went to the gastro yesterday and after I told him all my symptoms he was really concerned. He said that there's definitely something going on and it is not anxiety like my primary care doctor is trying to say and he sceduled me for an upper endoscopy first thing this morning.

I had the upped endoscopy done and he found a candida infection of my esophagus and an atrophic gastritis. He said to me that only two things cause that: H. Pylori or an autoinmune condition and we know that I don't have H. Pylori because I was tested for it so it is starting to look like I have some kind of autoinmune disorder that it is really messing me up.

My next doctor appointment (PCP) is on monday so I will update after that.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #100
(female)

Theresa480 HB User

I've been told I have some over growth of bacteria in my old stomach, so I have to take an antibotic every month for 10-days. I don't believe it is helping me. I will be having some more tests sometime in July 2012. I did have a CT Scan and the doctor found a small blockage. As soon as I know more I'll share.

Peace and Blessings--

Last edited by Theresa480; 06-19-2012 at 06:53 PM.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:29 AM   #101
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

If your Doctor doesn't suggest it, please ask for a serum (blood test) for Vitamin B12, which is often low in atrophic gastritis and can lead to pernicious anemia and many neurological problems. Treatment with B12 is easy and restores the nerve function and blood cells back to normal. They can also test for antibodies to support the autoimmune diagnosis and treat the Candida infection with anti fungal medication.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Mojo37 (06-20-2012)
Old 06-20-2012, 07:13 AM   #102
(male)

I had all the blood tests done yesterday as well. I've been anemic before but it wasn't because of iron defficiency so it must've been due to a lack of B12 or something like that. I will keep you all posted.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:37 AM   #103
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

You can call Dr's office and ask what tests they ordered. They may be able to add on any that weren't done to the blood they already have so you don't have to get poked again. A folic acid level (another B vitamin) may be helpful too. Has anyone considered gluten intolerance/celiac disease? Maybe they can test for that too on the blood they have.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM   #104
(male)

I've been tested for both types of celiac in the past and both came back negative. I was tested again yesterday but I know that it is coming back negative. I have not tried the gluten free diet because it is a lot of work and I travel a lot so it will very difficult to keep it up but I guess that I will have to give it a good try soon. My symptoms in general are very strange and they will go away for days or weeks at a time but always come back. M stomach problems alone went away for 3 yrs one time and now they came back with all kinds of other strange and very frightening symptoms.

Old 07-18-2012, 08:28 AM   #105
(male)

Just an update. Everything still the same and doctors have no clue. I have more appointments next week but to be honest I am starting to lose hope. Nowdays it is impossible to find a good doctor that actually cares for his patients.

Closed Thread