It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
(female)

denisem76 HB User
Question Help. Anyone here with Adrenal Issues and on Thyroid Medication?

Help! Are these adrenal issues?

1. My doc wants to put me on Cortef (HC) because he suspects depleted adrenals (which I do too, but I'm not entirely sure) based on my sxs and the saliva test I had done 16 months ago (with old doctor). This latest doc only did a regular blood-test of Cortisol. I'm a little reluctant (and scared) to try HC since he didnt' do further testing and is just basing this on sxs and saliva test done 16 months ago. I'm thinking about asking him to get these done: Serum Cortisol, ACTH 8am fast Cortisol, DHEA-S. What do you think?

2. Since starting Armour (3 1/2 weeks ago and I'm now on 3/4 grain), I'm experiencing heart racing (pounding hard, but rate is fine), anxiety, jittery-feeling, wired but tired-feeling, and then I CRASH with fatigue. The fatigue will last all day, or even more sometimes. Very up and down since starting Armour (3/4 grain now). Granted, I had some of these sxs before Armour, but now I just feel very up and down, like I'm an engine starting to rev up and then I crash. If I take the HC, I'm worried the HC might "rev" some of these jittery feelings. If I'm truly suffering from adrenal fatigue, ideally, would the HC help with those sxs or will it just give me more energy?? Right now I feel like I drank a pot of coffee (never touch caffeine, though) and I don't know if I could handle more "energy".

3. Has anyone experienced these sxs going away with adrenal treatment?

What do make of all this? Thanks so much!! I'm so scared!!

Last edited by denisem76; 03-13-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2012, 09:29 AM   #2
(female)

denisem76 HB User
Re: Help. Anyone here with Adrenal Issues and on Thyroid Medication?

BTW, my labs and info are as follows:

TSH: 2.97 (.450 - 4.5) - slowly creeping up
Free T4: 1.13 (.82 - 1.77)
Free T3: 2.6 (2.0 - 4.4)
Anti-TPO: "normal" <10.0 (<35)
Thyroglob AB: "normal" <20 (<40)
Positive ANA Ab
PCOS
STRONG family history of thyroid issues

Closed Thread