It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2012, 02:28 AM   #1
(female)

sportsfan HB User
Panic and adrenal fatigue

Hi,
I am new on this forum, and I found a topic about linking adrenal fatigue with panic attacks. <I just read a post about someone that was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue which causes her panic, and some of the symptoms are panic and anxiety.>

About my story: I am a 22 years old girl, and my first panic attack was 2 years ago. Fisrt I just felt sad and depressed, and in a stressful period, the panic attack come. Now it is so bad, I cannot think of anything else.

It is interesting, because last year I got a very bad skin problem. I was busy with it, because it was an eczema, that my skin was very itching, and I cared a lot with my skin, and it completely took my time. So it grab my mind, I was happy if a little advance happend. So, my panics were totally off, as my skin problem was bigger.

But thanks God, my eczema is now over. Because of the skin problem, I took a food allergy test, and the result was very sad. I am allergic for a lot of foods, like: white flour (also rye and durum), potato, tomato, paprika, parsley, melon, camilla, peach and so on. So, a lot of things, I cannot eat. I tried to exclude those meals from my life, but I left the flour in, it was too challenging for me to stop it.

But from last summer, when I was better with my skin, my panic got back. And it was sometimes better, sometimes wrong in the winter. I thought summer comes, holiday etc, I will be better. But unfortunately not better enough. I thought maybe I should stop gluten, so now I am free from 3 weeks now. But I cannot expreiance any advance in my state. Do you have any excpreciance with this? Should I wait a bit longer for the effect? Maybe this was the cause of my depression and panic?

Unfortunately I live a very stressed life. I am too sensitive, and I am in a fever in every little situation. Like I am over-stressed when I watch an exciting football match, or any other sports I like. And also when I need to speak in front of others. And even, when I met with friends, who are important to me. And I also sweat a lot, even, when I am not in stressful situation.

I thought based on my symptons, that I might have adrenal fatigue. I will take the test from saliva, but I don't know who to turn to with the results. Doctors in here (Hungary) told not to care with the problem. But how will I cure then? I read ginzeng tea is useful for this illness.

I am here now to ask for a little help, experiance and your opinion about my story. Do you think I can be cured? I hope!
And I will be grateful for your comments! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-20-2012 at 07:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-20-2012, 11:16 PM   #2
(male)

freestyle19 HB User
Smile Re: Panic and adrenal fatigue

Hey There, first off just know you are not alone. I am a 24 year old male, I have been suffering from this for a very long time. It really is a shame medical science does not even accept Adrenal Exhaustion as a true condition, even though the symptoms are seen in so many, but try to see this as a positive if possible. It enables you to grow in character, pursue ideas on how to heal, without just taking a pill that only treats your symptoms but never the true root cause( the remedy for almost everything in traditional medicine).
The Panic attacks can be terrible, trust me I've been there, and felt like I was completely losing my grasp on reality. I too like you am a very sensitive individual, only recently since I have gotten incredibly ill have I begun doing my own research, I've realized normally when you get panic attacks for seemingly no reason, or when your anxiety gets set off by the smallest thing, it has a lot to do with a histamine spike, chemical imbalance of your whole system( not just your brain).. it can be tough to narrow down exactly what is the root cause, but my advice for you is to journal everyday, be very aware of your mood/emotions, sleep patterns etc.. Also this is crucial, document what your diet is like every single day, you'd be amazed at how subtle , small food allergies, nutritional deficiencies, lack of good bacteria in the digestive system can cause your adrenals to suffer immensely.. You make one change, and it can change the entire equation, and your health can improve drastically.

I know this is a tough road, you're young, and Im sure you just wish you could feel healthy/happy again- you will! just be strong, and believe in your body's ability to heal.

God Bless you

Last edited by hb-mod; 08-21-2012 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Please don't post unapproved website links, or recommend Internet searches, per Posting Policy. Thanks.

The Following User Says Thank You to freestyle19 For This Useful Post:
sportsfan (08-21-2012)
Old 08-21-2012, 01:17 AM   #3
(female)

sportsfan HB User
Re: Panic and adrenal fatigue

Hi freestyle19,
Thank you very much for your reply! It is really kind of you!
I try to see things in the positive way, but it is so hard, when you are in the middle of it. It is just so hard, you cannot calm down. I do not know, what to do at that time, sitting down, walking, or so. I try to escape from myself, but surely that is impossible. I do not take medicines as I mentioned, so it is hard to calm down.
Maybe ginzeng could be a solution, I read it somewhere that it may help the adrenals to heal. I think I will try it.
Thanks again, and I wish you all the best, just keep researching! I will also continue, and I hope I can do the test soon, and maybe I will be one step closer to the solution. Did you thought about having the hormon test also?

Old 08-21-2012, 01:28 AM   #4
(female)

Danismum HB User

Go to your dr and ask for the adrenal function test

Old 08-21-2012, 01:31 AM   #5
(female)

sportsfan HB User

Unfortunately that is not so easy here. I need to order the test from the internet, and then send it to Germany, and will get the results back. In my country the do not make tests from saliva, only blood, which I herad is not so trusty.
And when I will have my result, it will be also hard to find a doctor, or a natural doctor, who can help me with the cure.

Old 08-21-2012, 01:40 AM   #6
(female)

Danismum HB User

Oh dear, that's not good

Old 08-22-2012, 05:18 PM   #7
(male)

Knickerbocker1 HB User

untreated panic attacks can wreak havoc on the body. The constant stress can definitely have a negative impact on your health. If the panic is disrupting your daily life I highly suggest treating it. Although medicine is a "band-aid" for the underlying cause, I believe it is much better to have that band-aid while you continue to search for the underlying cause, whether it's physical or mental. Don't put yourself through misery when you do not have to. Supplements that do help me with stress and exhaustion are Vitamin C, B-complex, and magnesium. You may want to slowly experiment with those vitamins to see if you benefit. Best of luck to you all.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM   #8
(female)

sportsfan HB User

Hi everybody,

I took some steps forward, and now I would like to ask for your help again.
I took my cortisol test, and here are the results:
Morning (7 o'clock): 15876 ph/ml (ref: 1800-14500) -> so this is higher than should be
2h later: 4673 pg/ml (1300-10300)
5h later: 1351 pg/ml (700-5700)
8h later: 1695 pg/ml (600-4700)
12h later: 578 pg/ml (330-3300)

My health advisor told me, that those numbers are low, except the first one, which is too high.
What do you think, should I take Isocort? But what about the morning high then, won't it be even higher?

As you know, I have panic attacks, and I did also women hormones test, and the result is not good: I have no balance of LH-FSH and not even progesteron and estrogen. (I have huge estrogen dominance: progesteron is 10,81 ng/ml, while estrogen is 903,8 pmol/l)

I would be happy, if you could tell me your opinion, how should I start treating my panic attack, anxiety. It's interesting, some time ago it took only 1-2 hours, now it lasts for days, and I cannot do anything to quit it.

I'm really grateful for your help!

Old 01-31-2013, 03:01 PM   #9
(female)

Danismum HB User

That's interesting

I have very high FSH levels and have gone into early menopause, I also started getting panic attacks

I constantly feel tired, I wonder if I should get my cortisol levels checked at the hospital

I know cortisol is naturally higher on waking and then gets lower as the day goes on

Maybe your health advisor would say to take nothing in the morning but take hydrocortisone tablets after lunch and then 5pm ish if they are low

Have you tried the 7/11 breathing technique when you feel a panic attack coming on

Old 02-01-2013, 02:43 AM   #10
(female)

sportsfan HB User

Thanks for your response!

I think you should definately check you cortisol level, but be careful, it is not okay with blood test! you should ask for a cortisol saliva test!

I'm interested in your results, if you have too low cortisol, you may have found the root of your problems

Old 02-01-2013, 02:54 AM   #11
(female)

Danismum HB User

I have an appointment next Thursday so will ask then

Old 02-01-2013, 03:04 AM   #12
(female)

sportsfan HB User

Super, good luck then
And don't forget to tell about your meeting

Old 02-01-2013, 03:05 AM   #13
(female)

sportsfan HB User

sorry, double post.

Last edited by sportsfan; 02-01-2013 at 03:07 AM.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:20 AM   #14
(female)

Kimesie HB UserKimesie HB UserKimesie HB User

You might check out histamine intolerance. When your body has too much histamine, one thing it does is produce adrenaline because that is one way your body gets rid of excess histamine. Over a period of time this can wear out your adrenal gland and also of course excess adrenaline can cause panic attacks and high histamine can cause eczema. Our son has depression from high histamine and we found out how to deal with it so check for my other post about depression for more information if you want to know more about it. Hope this helps!

The Following User Says Thank You to Kimesie For This Useful Post:
Nancynunu (10-30-2013)
Old 10-30-2013, 05:43 AM   #15
(female)

3sillykidsnadog HB User

I've been through this too. It IS sad when doctors don't take these things seriously. I've had my thyroid checked - "normal", 1st cortisol test came back high so I've had the 24 hour cortisol test - "normal". I think my doctor gave up because he sent me to a psychiatrist. Things I've done on my own to help - I've started taking vitamin D3, 250mg Magnesium, and a B100 supplement (B6 is supposed to help the nervous system function properly.) I've noticed a difference. Even a bit of exercising has helped as it gets my mind thinking about other things.

Reply Reply