It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
(male)

Knickerbocker1 HB User
ACTH stim test results, highly conflicting?!

I have been dealing with chronic fatigue and symptoms of low cortisol for a while. ( hypoglycemia, fatigue, intolerance to stress, blood pressure issues, anxiety, etc.)

I had an AM cortisol of 4.1 ug/dl and a low normal ACTH value prompting my endo to do the stim test.

I am thoroughly confused as the results seem to conflict my original cortisol test. I will note that I didn't sleep at all before the test, not even a minute, and was highly stressed out.

Baseline cortisol: 21.4 range: 2.3 -19.4 ug/dl
30 mins: 33.0
60 mins: 35.1

So are my adrenals ok? or did the fact that I didn't sleep and was running on pure adrenaline that day mean the test is invalid. Very confused.

Old 04-14-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
(female)

Alnnurs HB User
Re: ACTH stim test results, highly conflicting?!

Im not 100% on your results., I believe the amount of the baseline should double. But dont take my word on it. I do know that being stressed can alter the results. Im getting mine done in a few days and I was supposed to come in after a night shift before sleeping but she said no, and doesnt want me stressed out before the test but the result would be inaccurate. Good luck! I know you posted this awhile ago. Please update on what you found out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2013, 04:39 AM   #3
(female)

Hazel1862 HB User

I've just had the acth test done which again has come back normal but I'm doubting it is normal as I feel awful. Can they be wrong? and is what the consider normal actually not normal for us?

Old 04-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #4
(male)

imrj HB User

yes it can be wrong....the ACTH test is very tricky (has to be spun right away, the temp controlled, etc.....even before getting to the lab) if you doubt it ask for it to be redone because I seen plenty of times where they dont do it right....

Old 04-24-2013, 02:44 AM   #5
(female)

Hazel1862 HB User

Thanks for that. I'm having a cortisol test done at 8am this week - will that show if this test is wrong?

Reply Reply