It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2012, 11:59 PM   #1
(female)

fiestylisa46 HB User
Question Confused over cortisol!

hello all,
I have been ill for a long time and when something new happens to my body i know,well my knee about 3 months ago started getting worse with arthritis so doctor put me on prednizone for 1 week,thats when i went down hill.The first 2 days was ok but then my legs felt like jelly, it took me a month to feel better.Well i was still ill feeling so doc ordered a 24 hour urine test for cortisol ,he said lisa i know you have been under alot of stress and he was so right so i figured ok so i took it back within 48 hours later,I did not think nothing of it util today when doc called and said lisa we want to do a cortisol swab or something like that and i said ok so im going friday.My question is would the doctor order these for no reason or could he be looking for something i am stumped. happy thanksgiving.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:34 AM   #2
(female)

germany2 HB User
Post Re: Confused over cortisol!

After an injury or traumatic event, stress makes the body produce high levels of cortisol which will damage the hippocampus, which is part of the limbic system of the brain the gives it the ability to store and retrieve memory and also helps the body overcome fear response. PTSD is the is a disorder that affects the frontal lobe as that is part of memory and learning. PTSD is a somatization disorder meaning it is ,trigger by an event or actor. it response automaticly without your control. high levels of cortisol makes the hippocampus lose it ability to control flight or fight response and may cause it to shrink and send out improper pain signals, thyroid function, hormones and causes IBS, chroinc Pain Syndrome, , chest pain, pseudoneurologic symptoms, menstrual difficulties, sex difficulties, and cardioplumonary symptoms, like pain attacks, anxiety attacks, chest pain, dizzinessor palpitations. Ptsd stands for; Post traumatic stress disorder. Its a disorder and not a mental illness, but it will from triggered stress factors produce High levels of cortisol. PTSD is Hell, honesty and I would highly suggest educating yourself about it, and become aware how or what my trigger stress that makes your cortisol levels malfunction. So, that is most likely why your docter whats to test your cortisol levels. I'm not diagnosing you at all, but I have had PTSD then later develop complex pysd and it has caused me alot of emotional stress and health problems from injuries, rape and war and experiencing domestic violence. PTSD shows no mercy and is not bias to anyone, it can happen to anyone and most people don't even know they are suffering from PTSD. I had it since age 5 and joined the Army. I made a 91 out of 100 on my asvab, so my IQ is 140. Your not stupid or dumb, it is just how the brain affect's anyone who suffers a traumatic event and exspecialy injuries. I hope I haved helped, and wish you the best and God Bless you. Learn, learn, learn....you can live with what ever comes your way!

Last edited by germany2; 12-08-2012 at 01:37 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-23-2013, 09:56 PM   #3
(female)

fiestylisa46 HB User
Re: Confused over cortisol!

Hi there,sorry i just now got the message.My cortisol came back really low and was diagnosed with adrenal fatigue.Only thing is i cant get rid of these weird headaches that come and go quickly.

Old 01-25-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
(female)

Netlace HB User
Re: Confused over cortisol!

The meds you took for your knee will have your cortisol messed up for a short time. Was it a cort-stim test they did?

Reply Reply