It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2013, 09:37 AM   #1
(male)

dnbuggy HB User
Help with Saliva Test Results

I am a 33 M 165lbs. Over the past three months I have not felt well. extreme fatigue, chest tightness, air hunger, brain fog, pulsating feeling in head, and GI trouble. Stress Echo, Endoscopy, Resp. function test, chest x ray, and blood work all show nothing except some minor reflux.

Went to a naturopath a few weeks ago and she used a bio feedback machine to tell me I had Adrenal Fatigue and a potassium shortage. She also suggested I go Paleo. I have been resting more, eating paleo, and taking all the supplements she suggested and have felt slightly better.

Here are the meds I am taking:
DC Adrenal 3 tabs a day
DC chelated potassium 3 tabs a day
Transfer factor 1 tablet a day
Digestive enzymes 8 capsules a day
Neuro Care 2 capsules a day
Ginkgo Smart 1 a day
Dr. Recommends Adreno Liquitrophic 3 tsp. a day

10 days ago, I ordered a 24 hr. saliva test from ZRT. Just got results back, but I am having trouble understanding them. They show low cortisol, but not extremely low. how likely is this the reason for my troubles? Am I on the right track or should I keep searching for answers?

Reference Range
Cortisol Morning (saliva) 3.6 ng/ml 3.7-9.5
Cortisol Noon (saliva) 1.9 ng/ml 1.2-3.0
Cortisol Evening (saliva) 0.5 ng/ml 0.6-1.9
Cortisol Night (saliva) 0.1 ng/ml 0.4-1.0

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-02-2013, 01:49 PM   #2
(female)

sportsfan HB User
Re: Help with Saliva Test Results

Hi dnbuggy,

I was told I have low cortisol level, even though all my numbers was IN the reference range. I was told that the numbers are okay, if they are at the upper 25% of the reference range.

Your morning cortisol level is out of the range - this one should be the highest. The evening one and the night one is also very low. From those results, I would say that you have some kind of adrenal fatigue. I'm in the same situation, if you look at my topic, I also wrote my test results. I will start to take a lot of vitamins (C, D, E, B complex and iron and magnesium) and a tablet, which will restore my cortisol level, so that my adrenal glands could rest a bit and regenerate themselves.

I advise you to go back with your results.
- I'm interested in your doc/naturopath's opinion.

Last edited by Administrator; 02-02-2013 at 02:50 PM.

Reply Reply