It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 07:32 AM   #1
(female)

Emma277 HB User
Help..how do I heal my adrenal fatigue???

Hi, I suffer from adrenal fatigue along with a few other things. I am trying to find out the best ways to heal the adrenals in hopes of feeling better.

My doctor had me taking Vit C, Vit D, multi-vit, Vit B, Omega 3 and mineral supplements. I took them but not all at once. I was confused if they would even help and I just felt like my body needed more to heal.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Emma

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-20-2013, 02:11 AM   #2
(female)

Precious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB UserPrecious55 HB User
Re: Help..how do I heal my adrenal fatigue???

Hi Emma,
I was diagnosed with Adrenal Insufficiency about 6 months ago. Went to an Endocrinologist who was familiar with this. Basically, my adrenal glands do not make enough cortisol. She put me on Hydrocort 5 mg three times a day, and I have learned that this is a small amount, and will be increased gradually in another month. I have secondary AI which could be because of a massive amount of steroids given me after 2 major back surgeries. My main complaint was fatigue, and sleeping for long periods of time. I have gotten some energy back, but she said for "me" its going to take awhile. There is no instant cure that I know of, and you have to be careful of your body going into a "crisis" from stress.
I also have many other things going on, such as Osteoporosis, etc. Steroids is the last thing I wanted to go on, but it is such a low dose, and it can be the difference between life and death for me. I can even tell when my cortisol drops when I miss one of my doses, so I try not to miss.
If you haven't already gotten a good Endocrinologist, I would recommend you did. Mine did tests on me the very first day, and none of my other doctors could figure it out. Also, there are members here who could share their thoughts as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to Precious55 For This Useful Post:
Emma277 (02-26-2013)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-26-2013, 03:23 PM   #3
(female)

Emma277 HB User
Re: Help..how do I heal my adrenal fatigue???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious55 View Post
Hi Emma,
I was diagnosed with Adrenal Insufficiency about 6 months ago. Went to an Endocrinologist who was familiar with this. Basically, my adrenal glands do not make enough cortisol. She put me on Hydrocort 5 mg three times a day, and I have learned that this is a small amount, and will be increased gradually in another month. I have secondary AI which could be because of a massive amount of steroids given me after 2 major back surgeries. My main complaint was fatigue, and sleeping for long periods of time. I have gotten some energy back, but she said for "me" its going to take awhile. There is no instant cure that I know of, and you have to be careful of your body going into a "crisis" from stress.
I also have many other things going on, such as Osteoporosis, etc. Steroids is the last thing I wanted to go on, but it is such a low dose, and it can be the difference between life and death for me. I can even tell when my cortisol drops when I miss one of my doses, so I try not to miss.
If you haven't already gotten a good Endocrinologist, I would recommend you did. Mine did tests on me the very first day, and none of my other doctors could figure it out. Also, there are members here who could share their thoughts as well.

Thank you so much for your reply. I am not sure what to do because my cortisol tends to be high (crashing once in march 2009 then shot right back up). It has been high for years. I am back taking vitamins again so I am hoping that will help.

I have a wonderful doctor but I may still look into an endocrinologist to work hand in hand with her until we figure this thing out because I think it involves my thyroid too.

Thank you again for your support and information.
Emma

The following user gives a hug of support to Emma277:
Precious55 (02-27-2013)
Reply Reply