It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2013, 07:14 PM   #1
(female)

MichelleAnne HB User
Testing for pheochromocytoma?

I have been researching some things online as I have been ill for the past 6 years. I was diagnosed with hashimotos thyroiditis.

I found an article on Pheochromocytoma/Paraganglioma. I don't have high blood pressure. I have however suffered severe panic and anxiety for the past 6 years and taking anti anxiety meds and still suffering. I do have hand tremors/shakes. Recently been feeling fullness in my head almost like a headache. Would these symptoms come and go or do they linger until detection? What type of test would I need ordered to rule this out? I put a star beside the symptoms I experience majority of the time. I do have a rapid heart rate usually my resting pulse rate is 102 beats per minute.

Most people with pheochromocytoma have high blood pressure (hypertension) because the tumor causes the adrenal gland to produce too much adrenaline or noradrenaline. Other symptoms may include2:

Rapid heart rate*
Headache*
Sweating
Episodes of high or low blood pressure
Anxiety or panic attack*
Shaking (tremors) of the hands*
Pale skin*
Blurred vision
Weight loss
Constipation*
Abdominal pain
High blood sugar
Psychiatric disturbances

Last edited by MichelleAnne; 06-12-2013 at 07:20 PM.

Reply Reply