It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2003, 05:31 PM   #1

Deckard44 HB User
Post Vein showing through skin in my face

Hi. I am 31, and for the past couple of years I have noticed that a vein has become visible through my skin around the bottom of my eye/above my cheek. I don't mean spider veins, its a normal blue looking vein.Does anybody know what causes this? Could it be a nutritional problem or could it be caused by some kind of thining of the skin? Thanks for any help

Old 09-03-2003, 03:38 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

berza HB User
i'm pretty sure thats normal.. i'm 18 and i've always been able to see veins on my feet legs and a few underneath my eyes. i don't think there's anything wrong, but i'm not a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 05:31 AM   #3

Deckard44 HB User
Thanks, not sure though as it wasnt there a few years ago.

Old 09-10-2003, 07:50 PM   #4

Sheredwrds HB User
I just wrote to someone about this today only mine is a little more than one vein. Not noticeable to most unless I point it out, but never the less I'm freaking! Read below:
I have a very short question. And I know I may be jumping the gun, but I am so afraid and feel that when I go to the Doctors tomorrow that it will just be brushed off as "nothing." I am hoping that after all you've been through you may be able to give me some insight.

I went on vacation a week ago. On my return I sat down to apply my make up at the same mirror, with the same lighting I have used for 3 years. I noticed that blue veins on my forehead were evident. One vein that was pretty noticeable to me comes across my right temple and ends at the outer corner of my eye. The forehead ones (frontal lobes) are faint but clear enough for me to know they weren't there a week ago. While on vacation I had some headaches, but they were nothing more than usual and after taking Excedrin Migraine they went away. I don't suffer from Migraines. I am 38, Mother of a toddler and scared that something is wrong. How can veins come out in your head in one week? I called a vein doctor to ask if this could be caused by something else and they didn't think so.
I don't tan anymore so I am very fair and tend to be blue veined on my legs and bottom side of my arms. But to look in the mirror and see these things on my face (not spider veins either) which have come on so quickly has me so scared.

My question would then be, did you have any thing resembling this since your brain injury? Deep inside I feel that something is wrong but I have no symptoms to back up my claim. I am just distraught and continue to feel like I will leave my child Motherless.

IF you have any info you could share I would be so appreciative. I lost my Father in Law last year to a brain hemorrhage and it was a tragic loss.

My Grandmother died of something of this nature, but as far as I know no one else in my family has.

Your thoughts are appreciated. Hope you are well.

Old 09-27-2003, 03:29 PM   #5

wishful_thinking HB User
hell****wouldnt worry about it , im 21 and have a very visible blue vein underneath my eye. i have ruined my skin from steroid creams tho and have broken cappilarys and everything round my eyes. i just cover them with make up tho.

Old 12-27-2003, 09:21 AM   #6

Caz484 HB User
Re: Vein showing through skin in my face

I've just had this same experience and was wondering what you found out. I noticed a new blue vein running from my hairline alongside my right eyebrow and ending near the bottom of my ear. This was definitely not showing last week. It's not a spider vein. It's not pink or red. I'm very fair skinned and have had some blood clotting problems in the past, so "vein" things are a concern for me.
Thanks,
Cassie

Old 01-08-2004, 11:02 PM   #7
Inactive

musicmaker650 HB User
Re: Vein showing through skin in my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caz484
I've just had this same experience and was wondering what you found out. I noticed a new blue vein running from my hairline alongside my right eyebrow and ending near the bottom of my ear. This was definitely not showing last week. It's not a spider vein. It's not pink or red. I'm very fair skinned and have had some blood clotting problems in the past, so "vein" things are a concern for me.
Thanks,
Cassie
These veins are probably just "family" things or caused by heredity and ansestry... does anyone else in you family have these veins showing like yours? When you say " some blood clotting problems in the past", what kind of problems? Don't clot or too easily clot? Hows your blood pressure?

I'm Swedish by ancestry and boy do I have fair skin. Those years in the Southern California sun and water have freckled me something fierce. My grandfather's "skin tags" and hairy ears, not to mention hairy body, are back to haunt me. Why do we seem to lose hair on our heads and grow it everywhere else

Closed Thread