It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-31-2003, 07:56 PM   #1

Annabel HB User
Question Age spots on hands

I have a lot of age spots on the backs of my hands....I am 56 years old....and I know some are normal but I have a lot....I look younger than my age everywhere else...but my hands make me sick....ugh....I have tried all the creams....and did not get any results....Has anyone ever had these removed by a cosmetic surgeon???? Or has anyone found something that will lighten them or make them go away???? Any comment is appreciated.....Thanks so much....Annabel

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-01-2004, 10:13 AM   #2

Pat2004 HB User
Re: Age spots on hands

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel
I have a lot of age spots on the backs of my hands....I am 56 years old....and I know some are normal but I have a lot....I look younger than my age everywhere else...but my hands make me sick....ugh....I have tried all the creams....and did not get any results....Has anyone ever had these removed by a cosmetic surgeon???? Or has anyone found something that will lighten them or make them go away???? Any comment is appreciated.....Thanks so much....Annabel
Greetings Annabel. I too have a lot of age spots on the backs of my hands...I am 60. I have been told that I too look young for my age. My dermatologist has prescribed Tri-Luma@ Cream which takes about 8 wks. to lighten age spots. The cream is $$$ and doesn't work for everyone. Another option is OTC Black Opal advanced dual phase fade creme with sunscreen used 2x daily applied to dark areas only. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-21-2004, 01:56 PM   #3

patinz HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annabel
Hi annabel,

I use Results by Joan Rivers bought off of QVC. It contains hydroquinine, and it really works. You just put it on you hands a couple of times a day, especially when going to bed, so you don't wash it off. It's a hand cream. She also has one very similar product called Results, but its for the face. She has a whole line of products on QVC.

Pat

Old 01-21-2004, 07:30 PM   #4

Annabel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by patinz
Hi annabel,

I use Results by Joan Rivers bought off of QVC. It contains hydroquinine, and it really works. You just put it on you hands a couple of times a day, especially when going to bed, so you don't wash it off. It's a hand cream. She also has one very similar product called Results, but its for the face. She has a whole line of products on QVC.

Pat
Thanks for advice about age spots....I will certainly try them....
Annabel

Old 01-21-2004, 07:32 PM   #5

Annabel HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat2004
Greetings Annabel. I too have a lot of age spots on the backs of my hands...I am 60. I have been told that I too look young for my age. My dermatologist has prescribed Tri-Luma@ Cream which takes about 8 wks. to lighten age spots. The cream is $$$ and doesn't work for everyone. Another option is OTC Black Opal advanced dual phase fade creme with sunscreen used 2x daily applied to dark areas only. Good luck.
Thanks Pat....I will try these products....
Annabel

Old 02-17-2004, 10:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

jojo64 HB User

Also be sure to use a sunscreen on your hands during the day so you don't get even more spots.

Closed Thread