It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
(male)

BOB825 HB User
39 Years old with Arthritis!

This is so depressing. I thought I was in good shape. I work out 3 times a week. A had a terrible pain in my neck that radiated down my right arm and made my index finger numb. To make a long story short I got an MRI and the Doctor said that I had MAJOR Arthritis in my neck and that I have Spinal Stinosis which is causing pressure on my nerves in my neck. I have been referred to a neuroligist to see if i can rehab it without surgury. If I am having problems at 39 what's next! Very scared about the future!

Last edited by BOB825; 02-16-2005 at 05:55 AM.

Old 02-15-2005, 01:13 PM   #2
(female)

aaronon HB User
Re: 39 Years old with Arthritis!

BOB,

I am 39 also. I've always been an active person, and have many favorite things to do. I have two kids, am married. At 39, I have Fibromyalgia, TMJ, RLS, IBS and arthritis. I get up out of bed everyday hurting and feeling exhausted. This didn't even wait for me to turn 40, this all started years ago. I'm so tired of being tired that I don't want to age another minute. Who would think that my warranty would run out before I ever hit 40?! My mother told me to expect the falling apart to start at 50, but, to be honest it started at 23. This sucks!

a

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-15-2005, 02:01 PM   #3
(male)

BOB825 HB User

I would have agreed with your Mother. I can understand getting arthritis and pain at 50 but 39 just seems too early for us! i just hope it doesn't get any worse for you and me. Thanks for responding. Take care my friend. Bob

Old 02-15-2005, 06:35 PM   #4
(female)

Njoylife HB User

Hi Bob,
Know your pain. I was 36 yrs old when I was told I had a form of RA. I got so depressed, thought I was gong to be in a wheelchair before 50. I went out and bought a sports car thinking it would be my last. Not so, I'm now 54, still walking, driving and living. No I can't play tennis but it's not the end of the world. Get a good Dr.,take vitamins,exercise and take meds if necessary. I went thru 4 kinds before I was satisfied. Now I might need prescription for a week maybe once every six months. Yeah, I ache every morning but the stiffness lightens up after the moring. Take care, do what the doctor says and get back into life. Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to Njoylife For This Useful Post:
chan4life (07-03-2012)
Old 02-28-2005, 06:12 PM   #5
(female)

Stacia HB UserStacia HB User

I can't say that I understand the pain of arthritis, but I can say I have lived through it. My sister is 35 and was BORN with RA. She has two artificial knees and an artificial hip. She is married with two children (7 and 4). She went to college right out of high school and received her degree in Occupational Therapy. She doesn't work now because of the kids and it's hard on her body. She just went to the doc last week and asked for cortizone in her ankle. She lives with pain every day. She just accepts it and enjoys the life she has to the fullest.

I will tell you one thing I have learned from her, LIFE IS WHAT YOU MAKE OF IT!!! I learned a whole lot about life last year. Had someone dearly to me die of cancer (way too young), my husband had a stroke at 32, blah blah blah. But the most important thing is that we are okay and we are alive. We live each day to the fullest.

I understand the "getting older" thing completely. Last year I was diagnosed with a thyroid problem (I'm 33). I'm now on pills the rest of my life. So is my huband, he's on cumadin for the stoke. Getting older scares me too. I all of a sudden feel like we are falling apart. But I put that aside and take every day as a new beginning.

You will be fine and life will be great. Getting old is really a good thing. At least we wake up every day which beats the alternative. Too young for that.

Take Care!!

Stacia

The Following User Says Thank You to Stacia For This Useful Post:
chan4life (07-03-2012)
Closed Thread