It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2005, 10:59 AM   #1
(female)

sadiegirl HB User
Unhappy deep lines on my neck

I am just wondering if anyone has ideas on how to help make the lines on my neck less pronounced...I am only 30 and my skin looks good except I have these creases on my neck......

Last edited by sadiegirl; 01-25-2007 at 08:58 AM.

Old 03-25-2005, 02:33 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bell99 HB User
Re: deep lines on my neck

I feel your pain, my skin on my neck looks worse than my Face!!! I would love to hear some advice too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 02:10 PM   #3

joche HB User

Doing a moisturizing masque on the neck regularly, say 2 or 3 times a week, helps a lot. You can make your own masque using things like honey, avocado, olive oil, egg yolk or egg white, yogurt, etc.

Old 04-05-2005, 03:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

microwave HB Usermicrowave HB User

I read something recently that said neck lines are hereditary. That's a bummer since I have them also.

Old 04-05-2005, 10:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

NancyH HB User

Use the same good hydrating moisturizer on your neck that you use on your face. I've been fortunate in that the last 3 months I started to have lines appear on my neck and I'm 57, my face started to show it's age at 45. Genes play a big part in this also. I just use a good moisturizer on both, it can't hurt.

Old 06-10-2005, 07:00 AM   #6
(female)

caridad HB User

Do you sleep on a pillow thats too high,that will cause neck lines,i use a silk pillow case,it helps the wrinkles and sleep on my back.I trained myself not to sleep on my side or with my head buried in the pillow.Sometimes I slip,but the silk pillow case is a savior.I use Q-10 on my face and neck during the day,and night.Use sunscreen before stepping out the door of your house,rain or shine.I look 30,and dont have a wrinkle on my skin at age 47.Oh and drink lots of water,and eat 1 tablespnoon of uncooked olive oil a day.I have a 26 year old husband,so I have to look good,,,lol lol

Old 09-23-2005, 12:08 PM   #7
(female)

sadiegirl HB User

wow caridad! I am impressed! a 26 year old bfriend! great job. thank you all for your responses.

Old 11-06-2005, 04:38 PM   #8
(female)

Abby214 HB User

I have never heard of sleeping on a silk pillow case to prevent wrinkles!
I have heard several older ladies that I work with say that silk pillow cases keeps their hairstyles stay in better.
I don't see how sleeping with a pillow would give you wrinkles on your neck!!
I think neck wrinkles are like anything else...genetic
And good firming cream applied daily should help some.

Old 11-06-2005, 08:21 PM   #9
(female)

LivnLaughnLovn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abby214
I have never heard of sleeping on a silk pillow case to prevent wrinkles!
I have heard several older ladies that I work with say that silk pillow cases keeps their hairstyles stay in better.
I don't see how sleeping with a pillow would give you wrinkles on your neck!!
I think neck wrinkles are like anything else...genetic
And good firming cream applied daily should help some.
Abby,

The silk pillow case is supposed to help prevent face wrinkles by allowing your face to slide easily through the night on the pillow instead of getting scrunched up on a regular pillow case. Does that make sense? I know I didn't explain it very well, lol
I never heard anything about neck wrinkles, though.

Old 08-01-2006, 03:40 PM   #10
(female)

avocadonumber HB User

See, a lot of women on here are talking about these creases like they have something to do with age. I don't think they are wrinkles. I have two deep creases on my otherwise tight skin and i am 26 years old. I don't think there are creams that will fix this. I believe it to be related to the thyroid or the adrenal glands. Although i'm not really sure of the exact connection. I despise these lines on my neck so much that i've considered plastic surgery and i am not the kind of girl who considers plastic surgery. I look like i have a double chin in every photo i am in. Please help.

Old 08-02-2006, 05:41 AM   #11
Inactive
(female)

ICC HB UserICC HB UserICC HB User

i'm with you. alot older though. 52. facial and body skin still is good but have had a neck problem since i turned 40. double chin and wrinkled saggy neck skin. my daughter bought me loreal visible lift moisture cream that i have seen a difference in my neck in just 2 days. they also sell a mask and a whole line of visible lift products. i am interested in your theaory about the thyroid and adrenals since i have just been dx with an enlarged thyroid that has a cold cyst and is hypo plus i have had an adrenal gland cyst for 5 years that my pcp watches for changes once a year. Very interesting. i will try to do some research on the link between the two.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:47 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

ibake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB Useribake&pray HB User

I ama 57 and have a double chin...and when you look at my father's family, every single one of them has the same profile. Genetics produce it, not sleeping on a cotton pillow case or on your side.

Also, if you abuse your skin with tanning and weathering, that will show up also. You should moisturize your neck like your face. Lancome has just come out with a new neck cream. I just might give it a try...

Old 05-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #13
(female)

Lulu614 HB User

I have the same thing and I am in my mid 20's. I don't think they are from aging, probably poor posture and sleeping habits, also if you tend to look down a lot. I have always had them to some extent since I was a kid. Try Serious skincare A-tox, it helps to fill them in a little.

Old 05-26-2007, 05:06 AM   #14
Inactive
(female)

Noni33 HB User

Working out with weights, water and a good cream. Our bodies have hundreds of
muscels and some are in our necks. Give it a shot...........

Noni

Old 07-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #15
(female)

galpal007 HB User

I've been using DMAE products for years and I just love the results. Recently, I came accross a guide I found on **** about how to create your own products right at home. Now I actually make my own face creams. What a dream come true! I get exactly what I want but I don't have to spend a fortune. I can also try new things, since the cost is so low to do so now that I do it myself. I only wish I would have found this guide years ago!! DMAE isn't the only ingredient I use in my creams, but it is my favorite and the one I get the most recognizable results from.

Closed Thread