It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2006, 04:40 PM   #1
(female)

sspencervip HB User
Baby oil for wrinkles - laugh lines??

Has anyone tried baby oil for the delicate eye area? I use to do this in my late 20's and didn't have any eye wrinkles. I'm fair skin and I know late 20's is still not old enough for wrinkles but I think it helped. I don't know why I stopped using it? I guess when I found out about pure Vitamin E I chucked the baby oil. I'm 34 now and noticing changes in my eye area and I don't know if I should continue Vitamin E or baby oil? I am using pure vitamin E oil right now and it's helped but I need a moisterizer and firming product for my delicate eye area. I really absolutely don't want laugh lines.

Old 03-10-2006, 07:59 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User
Re: Baby oil for wrinkles - laugh lines??

Especially since you're fair skinned, sunblock is your best defense. I'm glad you stopped using the baby oil when you did. It's too heavy for the eye area and heavy creams or oils can cause skin sagging and even milia. That's equally unnattractive. Vitamin E oil is great since it acts as a free-radical scavenger (free radicals cause aging). All you really need in that area is a lightweight lotion or gel with some vitamin E in it, and your sunscreen of course.

Personally, I use alphy hydroxy acid 10% lotion with an SPF 30 sunblock. I've been using it for many years. I'm 48 now and so glad I did.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2006, 01:04 PM   #3
(female)

sspencervip HB User

Thank you Cookiepls. I appreciate your information. I will continue the vit E and look for alpha hydroxy acid SPF 30 do you have a brand name that I can look for? Thanks again, Sandy

Old 03-13-2006, 02:14 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

I use Neoteric 10% Alpha Hydroxy lotion. The brand of AHA isn't nearly as important as the ingredients and the ph level. Since they don't list the ph, about the only thing you can do is look for the alpha hydroxy acid listed as one of the top ingredients. If it's too far down the list, there's not enough of it.

Old 03-13-2006, 04:55 PM   #5
(female)

sspencervip HB User

Thank you for this information. Is there a special SPF 30 that you use for the delicate eye area?

Old 03-14-2006, 10:50 AM   #6

joche HB User

Vitamin C serum is great for firming the undereye area, because it promotes collagen synthesis and is a great antioxidant. You should consider adding that to your routine.

I use it everyday along with Silkia camellia oil all over the face including the eye area, and I don't have any wrinkles, not even fine lines (knock on wood).

The Silkia camellia oil is also rich in antioxidants and a free radical scavenger. My skin has never looked better since using these 2 products ... it looks pliant, firm and has a glorious glow. The other day I ran into a friend and she kept staring at me because my skin looked so radiant. In fact many of my peers have had Botox at my age and I don't even have any fine lines (of course genes have a lot to do with it also). Not mean to brag but I'm really excited about what has working for me.

BTW, I have never applied any sunscreen around my eyes. I only wear sunglasses. I agree sunscreen is the best defense against wrinkles. I use it religiously all over the face, except the eye area. I don't know why I never apply it around the eyes but since I don't have any fine lines I just leave it like that.

Last edited by joche; 03-14-2006 at 10:55 AM.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:55 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sspencervip
Thank you for this information. Is there a special SPF 30 that you use for the delicate eye area?
No, I just use whatever I'm using on the rest of my face.

Joche mention the vitamin C serum too. It is a great antioxident and it even adds more protection from the sun. The only problem with it is cost. There are only a few manufacturers who have it in the stabilized form. Vitamin C is normally unstable and it's expensive to stabilize. Cellex-C has the stabalized form I believe. I don't know what the others are.

Old 03-14-2006, 11:56 AM   #8
(female)

sspencervip HB User

JOCHE........How old are you? If you are 34+ do notice puffiness and one line under your eye especially when you wake up? This is my problem right now. And what brands do you recommend?

Old 03-14-2006, 12:29 PM   #9

joche HB User

I am a few years older than you. I don't notice any puffiness or lines when I wake up in the morning. I have puffiness only if I drink lots of fluid/coffee the night before, but I rarely do that now.

The name of the vit c serum I am using is C+ Firming serum. I bought it from the site that I got the Silkia camellia oil from. Compare to Cellex, Skinceuticals and many others, it's a lot cheaper and is stable. I have used Cellex-C and Skinceuticals and they turned color very quickly (which means oxidation) before I even finished the bottle. This C+ Firming remains clear all the way and it lasts me two months, using everyday. It's one of the best investments I have made for my skin care.

Old 03-15-2006, 04:10 PM   #10
(female)

sspencervip HB User

Joche and Cookiepls THANK YOU so much for all your information you both are very intelligent people. I have been having a crisis and especially trying to get pregnant for 3 yrs. has really been a rough time for me. I just really want to find the perfect skin care regimen so I don't have to worry about wrinkles. If you are looking for a powder or foundation...Karmandy on What not to wear suggests to use Silicone based products somehow they don't make you look old like other products. That's my next project to look for those products. I need something to cover light purple veins under my eyes. I'm really noticing these things and someone at work commented on it to me. I need some relief from getting older. Thanks again.

Old 03-19-2006, 08:35 AM   #11
(female)

Holistic Woman HB User

Baby oil is a

This is a petroleum product that not only ultimately dries the skin, it's a endocrine disruptor. Petroleum products are best avoided in ALL bodycare products. Check your body lotion. Is it right at the beginning of the ingredients?

Petroleum products are especially important for women to avoid. As you age and begin to reach perimenopause, (as soon as your early 30's) the use of petroleum products throughout your youth will really begin to catch up with you. Menopause symptoms become much worse and hormone related health conditions (hypothyroidism, adrenal exhaustion) are the result.

TRY PURE JOJOBA OIL! The molecule in Vitamin E is too large to be absorbed. Jojoba oil, on the other hand, has the smallest molecule and is most like skin and hair. You'll love the results!

Michelle

Old 03-19-2006, 08:43 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Hey Michelle,
I use Jojoba oil in my hair. You're right, it's the closest thing to your skin's natural sebum. I put one or two drops in my hands, rub them together, and put it on the ends of my hair while it's still wet. Helps to control the frizzies. I also mix a little in my hand lotion. I don't use it on my face because I have too much oil there already. LOL But for super dry skin, there's nothing like it.

Old 03-19-2006, 09:26 AM   #13
(female)

Holistic Woman HB User

Jojoba is the best!

I have naturally curly hair and it can really frizz on me. So, like you, I add a few drops of jojoba while it's wet and it looks and feels great! It's also nice to add a couple of drops of rosemary essential oil and really do a full on scalp/hair conditioner with it. Great to help with hair loss.

I'm 50 years young and my skin is really dry. I also live in Arizona which doesn't help one bit. I use jojoba on my face before bed with great results. I also use it as a vaginal lubricant. The natural anti-bacteria properties make it perfect for so many things. I've saved a fortune on other products!

Michelle

Old 03-19-2006, 11:31 AM   #14
Senior Veteran
(male)

6foot3 HB User

Michelle , im going to try jojoba oil as my skin is so dry as humidity here in albuquerque is low (10%) and even worse in the winter as we have to run our heaters here do to cold weather. Right now im rubbing Carmex on my lips and fingers and stay hydrated and consume lots of Olive Oil to help the glands (sebaceous). So is jojoba a cacti plant ? later !!

Closed Thread