It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2008, 12:13 PM   #16
(female)

lysinelover HB User
Re: Anyone ever have Seborrheic Keratosis spots?

I noticed one of these spots a couple of months ago- the one thing that FINALLY got rid of it was using Retinol at night!

Old 04-30-2008, 01:48 PM   #17
(female)

minette747 HB User
Smile Re: Anyone ever have Seborrheic Keratosis spots?

I have seborrheic dermatitis on my face, terrible! It kept me depressed for months! Finally, I wash my face with head and shoulders shampoo for oily skin, wait a 2-3 minutes then rinse. After that I mix 1:1 jojoba oil and tea tree oil and apply on my face. after 2 weeks, flakes and weepy skin disappeared. I still have itchy face from time to time but I have my 3:1 jojoba oil and tea tree oil as maintenance. Also i'm avoiding too much sugar and dairy in my diet, more on fruits and vegetables and lots of water.

Last edited by minette747; 04-30-2008 at 01:51 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2008, 09:32 AM   #18
(female)

bet67 HB User

Will you please describe what they look like? I have been getting bumps that start out raised red spots and seem to turn in to small moles. They just continue to crop up on my arms especially.

Old 05-11-2008, 04:00 PM   #19
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
Good Suggestions, But Also Get Checked

Quote:
Originally Posted by minette747 View Post
I have seborrheic dermatitis on my face, terrible! It kept me depressed for months!

Finally, I wash my face with head and shoulders shampoo for oily skin, wait a 2-3 minutes then rinse. After that I mix 1:1 jojoba oil and tea tree oil and apply on my face. after 2 weeks, flakes and weepy skin disappeared.

I still have itchy face from time to time but I have my 3:1 jojoba oil and tea tree oil as maintenance. Also i'm avoiding too much sugar and dairy in my diet, more on fruits and vegetables and lots of water.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've also used jergens ultra healing lotion on my legs keratoses, after just roughing off some of the scaliness with my hand, and it's much smoother.

First of all, though do get a dermatologist chekup, Bets, and anyone else who hasn't had one. It's well worth it.

They did a biopsy on mine, couple of spots, and it came back benign. I was not told there was any need to follow up. It's been a couple of years and I don't even notice it any more. But get that checkup for your peace of mind. There's always the chance it could be something dangerous.

Last edited by Eagle; 05-11-2008 at 04:02 PM.

Old 05-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #20
(female)

Arggg HB UserArggg HB UserArggg HB User

I've had them and still get them. The dermatologist freezes them off. They're harmless.

If they were the worst thing I ever got, I'd be one happy woman!

Old 05-18-2008, 01:19 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User

Yes, I haven't had any more trouble with mine since having a biopsy in March of 2006. If another one appeared I'd go have that biopsied too of course.

Old 02-18-2009, 10:37 AM   #22
(female)

sdfox HB User

I have these all over back, chest and starting on my face. they are rough patches some are circular some are lighter , some darker and some thicker than others. they are annoying because i hate the look of them. my dermatologist said they are harmless. The worst ones are where the sun has never shined, so there goes that theory. My friend has them worse than me, i am thirty five. I cannot afford to have them all removed, so i am doing a home remedy which is scrubbing them with apricot face scrub, it is working great has removed all the small ones from my face. they may not all be actually gone, i dont know how deep they go under the skin, but i cant see them which is all that matters to me. i cant reach the ones on my back which are about the size of a pencil eraser. I will use compound w on these. I actually have had a derm. to say that he scratches his own off when they are small with his fingernail. Im having luck with the st. ives appricot face scrub, it only took three scrubs to get rid of the ones off my face. I will let lyou know about the larger ones on my chest later.

Old 09-09-2009, 09:53 PM   #23
(female)

idebbi HB User

i have bunches of seb keratoses...all over my body....mostly they're little rough, sort of crusty spots...tho some are soft like moles....my derm doc said that it's ok to scratch them off if you can easily do it...and some of mine will scratch off....i've also found that using one of those "ped eggs" (for removing heel calluses etc) or a rough emery board, works well to plane down the crusty ones....my doc will remove them if they get irritated or sore, but mostly he says just ignore them....but they should be checked periodically becuse not all keratoses are the seb kind...actinic keratoses are pre cancerous and should be removed and biopsied....

Closed Thread