It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #16
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Crisco as an anti-aging cream?

Sheeskabob:

Yes, I am serious. My gyn told me about some of the male gyns going to a convention and met a lady gyn who was having success with patients. In fact they had referred some of their difficult patients to her. They finally asked what her secret was and she told them Crisco. My gyn said many husbands have thanked him over and over for prescribing Crisco to their wives, guess it put them back in business!!

I have been using Crisco successfully for 14 years. A small amount size of a pea is sufficient to cover outside and inside. I am not on estrogen pills.

808lion:

Crisco now has "0 trans fat Crisco" on the market. However, I use the old fashion Crisco and have not tried the new.

Misty

Old 09-17-2006, 03:39 PM   #17
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User

you mean just for itching or something else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-17-2006, 03:54 PM   #18
Senior Veteran
(female)

hopetofeelwell1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissycoo
I too have been using vaseline. I am 52 now and I have been using it since I was a teenager, not for wrinkle prevention, but for dryness under my eye when using concealor. I have to say, my face is wrinkle free, only when I smile do you see a little crowsfeet, but none anywhere else. I have also been using Retin A for over 12 years also. I swear, vaseline is the best moisturizer I have ever used. It helps me to look like a very young 52 year old.
I absolutely agree with you. The best anti-aging creams are the old fashioned ones. I have used Vaseline for years to help with eye makeup removal. My mother-in-law has been using Pond's cold cream for over 50 years (she's 71) and has the skin of a baby. I used to sell Mary Kay and I have to say their regimen (which is now also hypoallergenic) is pretty good. I loved their Night Cream, but the scent, which was beautiful, bothered my allergies. Vaseline is good, too, for chapped hands used with cotton gloves over night in the winter to help restore the moisture. Of course, when you're heavy like me, you KNOW that I use Crisco once in while and although my skin looks good, I'm praying if I ever lose weight that my skin won't look too bad!

Old 09-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #19
(female)

sheeshkabob HB User

Thank you, thank you, Misty. While I still had pain, it was easier and maybe will continue to get easier. Saves me going to the doc and being embarassed to admit to having problems.

Old 09-23-2006, 08:19 AM   #20
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User

sheeshkabob
Glad to be of help. That's o.k., I went thru enough embarrasment for both of us!\Misty

Old 09-23-2006, 10:36 AM   #21
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

I do have a skin problem (unrelated to this thread) and have caved in and gotten an appointment with a Dermatologist.
I've made a note to remember to ask her about the Criso concept while I'm there.

Old 09-24-2006, 06:00 PM   #22
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene:

Sorry I am late answering your post.

If the itch is due to dry skin, Crisco will correct the problem. If the itch is due to yeast or other infection Crisco will not stop the itch, a proper medication along with Crisco should be used. I prefer Nystatin Cream for yeast infections used along with Crisco. Crisco will keep the tissue soft and pliable but not moist. Yeast loves warmth and moisture.

Crisco does not trap moisture next to the skin like Vasoline or other ointments do which would aggravate a yeast problem or maybe cause one.

Shessekabob:
Try using Crisco morning and night and then at activity times use KY Jelly in addition to Crisco. This will most likely correct the problem. Resting at the doorway for a little bit before entering will give time for things to relax some, less misery.

Misty

Last edited by Misty800; 09-24-2006 at 06:03 PM.

Old 09-24-2006, 07:12 PM   #23
Senior Veteran
(female)

Jenetti HB User

odd but true, my mom uses crisco and has used it for quite some time now. i always thought ok mom id accept that from you, youre odd enough lol, but let me tell you, she is hitting 80 and her face skin is tight, firm, im 52 and i think i have more crowsfeet than she does and ive used the expensive creams. she hardly has ANY wrinkles on her forehead, yet i do, its like she used botox, and has a great complexion. her only problem is she never used it on her neck, so there are wrinkles there.

Old 10-08-2006, 11:31 PM   #24
(female)

Vicky446 HB User

I haven't been to this site in awhile, but I sure am glad I stopped in. After I drop off the kids at school tomorrow I will be stopping by the grocery store and picking up my Crisco and Vaseline. Thanks all!!

Old 10-09-2006, 06:10 AM   #25
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Talking Re: Crisco as an anti-aging cream?

NO, you don't use Crisco instead of Premarin cream. LOL !! Would that be cheap or what?? No, Crisco isn't a HORMONE cream. It works for minor itching and apparently for wrinkle prevention . I bet this tin of it lasts me fifteen years. LOL !!!

Old 10-09-2006, 03:42 PM   #26
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene:

You are right, Crisco is not a hormone.

Crisco will keep tissue soft, pliable. Soft, pliable tissue does not atrophy like dry tissue will.

Hey, I am living proof! I never used hormone cream and things are just fine which I credit Crisco for. Yes, I made a very embarrassing doctor visit to find out what my problem was and ended up with a solution, Crisco. I too was skeptical in the beginning.

Misty

Old 10-09-2006, 03:53 PM   #27
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene HB User
Red face Re: Crisco as an anti-aging cream?

ok; not I get it. we are now saying it cures vaginal atrophy??? I thought it was just for itching but now its like a prescription cream. Oh, brother; this is getting wild.

Old 10-09-2006, 05:40 PM   #28
Senior Veteran
(female)

snowmelts HB User

Skin, oh my poor skin!
I have excema around my eyes.
(I get actual blisters on my eyelids!)
So this week I went to a Dermatoligist for the first time in my life.
I FORGOT to ask about the Crisco.
I'll make a note to ask him next visit.

I'm not useing the Crisco till I talk to the skin Dr. again.
With my current skin problems I kind of need to be sure.

BUT I happen to have some here so I can type right from the can and post the ingrediants of hard Crisco:

Partially hydrogenated soybean and cottonseed oils.
Mono-and diglycerides.

That's it. That's the entire ingrediant list.

Old 10-10-2006, 06:40 AM   #29
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Wouldn't it be just as well to use just the oil instead of the "hydrogenated" oil...I know many people that swear by using Olive Oil...Crisco would be too thick if you ask me but I don't doubt that it would certainly keep your skin looking good.

BTW...stop eating foods that contain hydrogenated oil! This is slow suicide...I believe that they should ban this from human consumption...oh BTW...I'm on the bandwagon to get people to stop eating foods that contain this deadly ingredient. Go look at your packaged foods and you will be shocked to find it in almost everything! And something else to remember...eating this terrible ingredient ages us from the inside out!

Last edited by keepsgoin; 10-10-2006 at 06:41 AM.

Old 10-10-2006, 12:53 PM   #30
Senior Veteran
(female)

SusanGene,

No, I am not trying to say Crisco cures atrophy, but it does keep the area soft, pliable and less likely to have pain.

No, it does not cure the itch "unless" a person has a problem with dry skin in the area and does not have any other type infection such as bacterial or yeast.

Dry skin does sometimes cause itching.
Crisco is a lubricant that relieves dry skin, reducing the chance of itching.

There are other things that will help some women and it is not always a hormone. A reputable gynecologist prescribed Crisco for me and it worked.

I am at a loss how else to explain it to you.

Misty

Closed Thread